The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  E9 tab for choo choo cha boogie
Johnny Pal

California, USA
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2021 3:52 pm    

Newbie here. Anyone happen have an E9 tab for Choo Choo Cha Boogie and maybe the YouTube video they may have tabbed from so I can follow? I can cop most of the single note stuff but its very difficult to comp the chord rifts, especially those with a 7th or 9th type of tension and whether they are F/A inversions, 7th string pulls, what fret position, etc.

I watched Jeff Newman (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EiqHdlayFM) and Bill Ferguson (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFgIN8vhYfE) and get all screwed up trying to identify the pedals/strings to get the right inversions, fret positions etc. Not happy with my vanilla sounding chords.
Thanks!, Johnny Pal[b]

Peter Lindsley

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2021 5:26 am    

Bill is on C6th, Jeff is in B6th mode on a 12 string Universal, so it's going to be really hard to translate to E9th from watching their YouTube performances. I suppose you could try just dropping your E's & see what turns up without using any pedals. Rolling Eyes

Johnny Pal

California, USA
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2021 11:47 am     E9 Tab for Cho Choo Cha Boogie

No wonder I was out to lunch on both of those guys ~ I've tabbed stuff harder than that before and wondered why I couldn't make heads or tails of their positions and pedals or just trying to get the same sound. Thanks so much Peter for clarifying, now I don't feel so bad. Cheers Johnny!