The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  SE Illinois InsideOut Steel Guitar Jam/Show April 17, 2021
Dennis Stroughmatt

Albion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2021 1:49 pm    

I am excited to have a small steel guitar event in my town of Albion IL on April 17 that will focus mostly on our great regional players, but we're excited about some outside of the local area as well. It's going to have a lot packed into a day that will start around 10am and end at 8:30pm. It will be held at the Edwards County Fairground Exhibition Hall in Albion IL. Available tickets are limited to 225. So far over 100 tickets have already been purchased in advance. For ticket info please follow the link at the bottom of this post. If tickets are sold out ahead of time, we will post that.

Here is some info on players, workshops and merchants.

Featured players include: Mike Sweeney and Mike McGee.

**Mike Sweeney will be giving a Q&A demonstration workshop from 10am to 12pm for interested players. Please respond to this post or contact Mike directly to sign up by April 5. $20/person for the workshop.

Regional players: Dave Flanagan, Vern Mandrell, Dave Bolin, Larry Dolan, Paul Carie, Cord Fitch and Janice Zilm, and possibly even one more..?

Featured singers: Leona Williams, Ron Williams, Dennis Stroughmatt and Ron Head (MC).

Vendors will include Rittenberry Steel Guitars of Cookeville TN and Tom Sosbe of Lafayette, IN.

Staff Band: Brian Sterling, Mark Fitch, Dow Smith, Melody Staff Freeman, Jerry Mayo, John Farrell, Dennis Stroughmatt and possibly more TBA with maybe even a few surprises!!!

Sound by Doty Sound Company

Concessions will be available by the Albion Chamber of Commerce.

Motels in Grayville IL (on I-64) are located 9 miles south: Quality Inn and Super 8 Motel.

Tickets can be purchased via PayPal or check. Advance tickets are $16, day of show are $20. And please do note again that nearly half of the available tickets have been sold. Hope to see you there. Go to the following for info and ticket purchases: http://www.honkytonkfiddle.com/southeast-illinois-insideout-steel-guitar-jam-2021-.html

Mike Sweeney

Mike McGee

Ron Williams

Leona Williams

Dennis Stroughmatt

Paul Carie

Dave Flanagan

Larry Dolan

Vern Mandrell

Dave Bolin
My 1937 Oscar Meinel Violin, a 1925 Strad Roth Violin, a 1926 Amati Roth Violin (just wish I could play it like Tommy Jackson), 2018 Milkman Steel Mini, 2023 Milkman Pedal Steel 85, a Fender 800 5x4, and a 6x2 long scale Fender 400.

Last edited by Dennis Stroughmatt on 14 Apr 2021 11:25 am; edited 5 times in total

Jim R. Harrison

North Vancouver, B. C., Canada
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2021 7:20 pm    

Nice photos, Dennis. However, other than Mike Sweeney, Ron Williams, & Leona Williams, I'm sorry to say I can't recognize any of the other folks in your photos.

Dennis Stroughmatt

Albion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2021 7:31 pm    

Hi Jim,
This is a more localized event with mostly southern Indiana and southern Illinois players so you may not know them or be familiar with them personally if you're not from the region. And I see your from British Columbia. But Mike McGee is well known from his work in the Branson, MO area and you may want to check him out. He's a monster player and the nicest guy in the world. The others are all great too and personal friends. It's going to be a great time and one heck of an event.

But if you want me to list everyone's name so you can get to know them, I think I can do that. Come and visit us if you can.
My 1937 Oscar Meinel Violin, a 1925 Strad Roth Violin, a 1926 Amati Roth Violin (just wish I could play it like Tommy Jackson), 2018 Milkman Steel Mini, 2023 Milkman Pedal Steel 85, a Fender 800 5x4, and a 6x2 long scale Fender 400.

Jim R. Harrison

North Vancouver, B. C., Canada
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2021 7:42 pm    

Hi Dennis,

I really appreciate your rapid reply to my comment. I should have recognized Mike McGee from the 2nd photo you posted. Here's one that I took of him about 4 years ago.

I realize that your pending show is more localized; you needn't bother listing the names of the other folks. Unfortunately, you are some distance from me for a visit; thanks for the invite! With COVID-19 restrictions in place, it would be difficult to manage anyway. Regards, Jim Harrison

Dennis Stroughmatt

Albion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2021 7:46 pm    

Wow Jim, that's a great photo of Mike McGee! I may use that on some other local press if you don't mind.

I completely understand about the distance and COVID restrictions. Hoping we can all get back together again someday. Best to you, Dennis.

Dave Flanagan

Mt. Vernon,Il.
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2021 7:34 am    

Sounds like a ton of fun to me, see you there

Dennis Stroughmatt

Albion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2021 5:35 pm    

Let’s add Cord Fitch to the mix.....

Derek Puckett

Cookeville Tn
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2021 10:28 pm    

I will be bringing some quilter amps for sale and my personal shop guitar if anyone in Illinois wants to bring their prestige Ritt. I’ll pay for your ticket to the show..

Dennis Stroughmatt

Albion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2021 8:32 pm    

Just a little over a week away!!!!

Dennis Stroughmatt

Albion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2021 11:26 am    

Janice Zilm has just been added!!!

Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2021 7:36 am     Jam session

I want to come over to Illinois for the jam session to watch and listen to everyone I live in Columbus Ohio can I get tickets at the door? Steve Black 614-562-2291, email Black43230@yahoo.com
Do we need our masks?