The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Source for Pre-EQ Send jack on Nashville 112
Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2021 12:08 pm    

My Nashville 112 amp has served me well for almost 20 years (I bought it when they first came out). However, over the last year it has randomly cut out the first stage preamp when I only plug into the input jack and don't use the effects loop. Plugging into the Effects Return restores the sound, but at half volume. But, at least I have the use of the tone stack and the amp can be mic'd.

I thought I had a bad input stage IC and replaced it several times, with limited success. The chip is not the problem. Fast forward to the real cause of the problem...

I finally discovered that the effects Send jack is worn from me using a 3 wire system that includes the pre-eq send and return loop. When I try to play with a simple one cable input, I may or may not get any output from the first stage preamp due to the worn switching contacts on the send jack. Bending the contacts with long nose pliers didn't completely fix the problem. The connection is just too flakey.

As a stopgap measure, I fabricated a short jumper cable that goes from the Send to the Return jacks on the left front panel pre-eq effects loop. This temporarily solves the cutout problem with a one cable input. But, I really want to replace the worn out jack.

Does anybody here know the manufacturer's equivalent part number of the left side effects send switching jack that is soldered onto the preamp motherboard of a Nashville 112? I downloaded the schematic, but can't make heads or tails of any part numbers for the various jacks. If any of you have an unused NOS jack that goes into this position, I'll gladly buy it from you.

Note, I can't just jump the jack terminals to bypass it. I still use the 3 wire system on most gigs when there is enough time and space to setup my effects loop. It is when I practice at home or do last minute rush gigs that I only use one cable.
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2021 12:31 pm    

I don't know how Peavey parts are, anymore, but I've ordered those jacks from them in the past. Its a common part that's used on many models. I don't have the phone number handy, sorry.

Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2021 12:57 pm    

Jack Stoner wrote:
I don't know how Peavey parts are, anymore, but I've ordered those jacks from them in the past. Its a common part that's used on many models. I don't have the phone number handy, sorry.

I saw 4 jacks using part number 71466165 and found some listed on https://www.amprepairparts.com/peaveyjacks.htm. Is this the jack you are referring to (see below)?

Part #J-526,
1/4", PC MOUNT, STEREO, 5 PINS, SWITCHED, INSULATED. Made by Rean - used in many Peavey® models. Original Peavey part number 71466165.
Photo
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 5 Apr 2021 2:19 am    

From what I remember that's the correct jack. I no longer have a Peavey amp so I can't be 100% positive.

Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 5 Apr 2021 7:02 am    

Thanks Jack.