The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  band looking for a steel player south chicago
Paul Wade

mundelein,ill
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2021 5:28 am    

got a note form this person looking for a steel player.
p.w

SUBJECT: Looking for a pedal steel player!

Howdy, my name is Mike and my band and I would love to have a pedal steel player like yourself play with us! My brother and I are younger, (I play rhythm acoustic and do vocals, and my brother plays a mean lead guitar) I’m 25 and he’s 20, but my bass player and drummer are in their 40s and 50s. Our original material is kind of like heavier outlaw country with some southern rock. But for covers were going to be doing a lot of classic country (Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, merle haggard, and so on. We’re located on the southside of Chicago in a town called Oak Lawn. We have our own studio and practice area in the basement of our church. It’s a small church so nobody cares that we practice and play down there whenever we want to lol. In our original music there isn’t a pedal steel but I will always make room and add pedal steel parts because the sound of that guitar is amazing. I also listen to some of your clips you put on there and they’re amazing!!! If you’d be interested in coming down and jamming with us or playing with us let me know! My phone number is 708-420-7538.