The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Will a JBL E110-8 fit in a silverface Princeton Reverb cab?
Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2021 4:13 pm    

I have a chance to snag one for a hundred dollars. Should I pull the trigger?

Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2021 4:38 pm    

I haven't put specifically an E110 into a Princeton Reverb. But I think it will go. I've seen them with a K110, and I have an MI series JBL 10" speaker in mine right now and it's not particularly crowded.

As long as the speaker is in great shape, I have a hard time picturing how you could go too wrong at $100. If it doesn't fit or you don't like it, I would think it should be pretty easy to get your money back. But all that is conditioned on the proposition that it's in real nice shape, original cone with no cone rub, etc.

I had a chance to buy two K110-8 speakers at the Nashville Amigos guitar show several years back at $100 apiece. I've been kicking my own ass for not buying them since then. My absolute favorite is the K-series. Pretty much same sound as D-series, but better power handling.

Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2021 4:59 pm    

Thanks, Dave. Think I'll try to work a deal, and if it doesn't fit, or if I like the sound of the original "Fender Special Design" CTS better, I can always resell the JBL.

Per Mattis

Sweden
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2021 11:41 am    

Hi Jack, I have a couple of these layin around so I have been searching the web for the same kind of information that you are after. The magnet and basket are pretty big so it may be a risk that you have to mount it from the front. That was what I read regarding a project involving a SF Vibrolux. But I have only second hand information so it needs to be tested. Good luck with the project and it would be fun hear how it works out. /Per

Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2021 12:10 pm    

I took a chance and purchased the E110-8. Since it's up in Denver at a music store about 200 miles from here, I have a pal in the Mile High City who's gonna pick it up for me. No telling when I'll actually take possession, but I will report back once I have it. My particular Princeton Reverb is one that is back-loaded; sure hope the JBL will fit. Stay tuned...

Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 15 May 2021 2:26 pm    

The JBL fits in the 1979 Princeton Reverb and it sounds great. Glad I pulled the trigger on the speaker a couple months back. And especially glad I pulled the trigger on the Princeton Reverb about twenty years back. I thought at the time it was a little spendy, but whoa Nellie... look at their prices nowadays! A really nifty little amp.

Pete Burak

Portland, OR USA
Post  Posted 15 May 2021 4:35 pm    

I have a K110 in a 1x10 cab. You can always go that route.