The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peavey Session 400 Limited Manufacture Date
Mitch Ellis

Collins, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2021 7:28 am    

I have a Peavey Session 400 Limited amp that I recently got from a friend. It is the one with the green strips above and below the control knobs and has the factory Black Widow speaker. The serial number is 08442727. Can anyone tell me what year it was made? It is in practically mint condition. What is the general opinion among steel players about this amp? Thank you.

Mitch

Steve Spitz

New Orleans, LA, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2021 7:49 am    

It’s an adequate steel amp. I never used one, The session 400, LTD, Nashville 400, and 112 seem to be more popular.

It’s a Modern made in USA peavey solid state steel amp. If you can play, it’s perfectly gig worthy.

I wouldn’t worry about any of the above. It will get the job done. That’s seems to be the general consensus.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2021 8:52 am    

The Session 400 Limited was only made for a short time. It did not achive much success.

However, it is an adaquate steel guitar amp. Larry Sasser swore by his on Nashville Now TV Show.

Since yours has the blue strips, I believe that was a 25 year anniversary for Peavey, so that should make it somewhere around 1990.

Hope this helps
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2021 9:18 am    

I found this info some time back on the Peavey forum concerning Peavey amp serial numbers.

Judging by the info in that link, second post, looks like your Limited would have a 1998 manufacture date.

Here's some info from Roger Crimm at the Peavey forum re: serial #'s.
https://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7761&sid=e25921c642641de67878e68bd7a8df01[/quote][/quote

Mitch Ellis

Collins, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2021 10:14 am    

Thank ya'll for your help. I appreciate it.

Mitch

Dale Foreman

Crowley Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2021 6:04 pm     Session 400 LTD

I have one that I put the fox mods in and going to try a EPS 15c Speaker. I’ll post the results!

George Duncan Sypert

Colo Spgs, Co, USA
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2021 5:13 pm    

I have one that I put the Fox chips in and it sounds great to me if you set it correctly.

I have 2 Session 400's, 3 LTD's a Peavey 112 (which I have heard other players get a great tone out of, but not me) and the 400 LTD. They all sound great to me most of the time. 112 has the stock speaker. I only use the 112 for acoustic rhythm guitar which sounds very good. Also good with fiddle.

Get the Fox chips--they are not that expensive for the results.

George