The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  B&W Benders for Telecaster
William Fusfield

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2021 12:05 pm    

I assume this Tele, from this thread - https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=241403 - with the two B&W benders is long gone, but I am definitely looking for something like it. Anyone know where I might find one?

Thanks,
WDF

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2021 5:13 pm    

B&W Benders is back in business again. I had a B&W double bender installed in my Nashville tele.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

William Fusfield

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2021 1:56 pm    

How does B&W manage to put in two benders without having to take the back off of the unit like all the other guys do? Strikes me as pretty amazing! I think I will go with them since they are light and the price is right.

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2021 3:11 pm    

The pics on my web site show a lot of the details. The Glaser bender uses similar techniques.

http://www.gregcutshaw.com/Fender%20Bender/Fender%20Bender.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

William Fusfield

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2021 5:00 pm    

Some great pictures and music you have there, my man!! So if B&W are still doing mods I guess I will need to check out their website next!! Thanks for all the interesting materials!!

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2021 6:16 am    

William Fusfield wrote:
How does B&W manage to put in two benders without having to take the back off of the unit like all the other guys do? Strikes me as pretty amazing! I think I will go with them since they are light and the price is right.

Well, it depends on which system you want installed. Glaser, McVay, Kirkpatrick , B&W etc route under the pickguard and bridge assy then out to the neck plate where the levers are attached. The lever for the B is pulled UP by the strap, the other lever for the G is pulled OUT by another strap attached to your belt or something. The pull rods are under the pickup cavity out of sight. They are all quite nice but the saddles are where any differences are, protected by patents.

I don't know of anyone who takes the back off, other than the Parsons/Green they do route the body for install. They are NOT lesser guitars with the routing installations. RE: Parsons White, Parsons Green ( Fender) , Forrest Lee JR, D Matney, Evans custom etc...

You can even get a rear body mount on system , B or B+G SLINGSHOT from Paul McEwen. It mounts to the the 4 neck plate screws and is an excellent operational system.

It all just depends on what you want. A single PULL Install should be no more than $ 700 these days.

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website

Last edited by Tony Prior on 7 Feb 2024 2:21 am; edited 4 times in total

Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2021 7:53 am    

Since this is now a discussion about B&W Benders and benders in general, I split this discussion from the old defunct For Sale thread. Carry on.

Dale Foreman

Crowley Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2021 3:52 pm     Benders

Look up Forest Lee Jr. he has benders and makes fine guitars!

Jim Fogarty

Phila, Pa, USA
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2023 6:49 pm    

Highly recommend B&W Benders. I had them do a B bender in my paisley tele, and it plays and sounds great.

Some noodling:

https://www.facebook.com/jimfog/videos/10219054754615230