The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peavey Nashville 112 speaker
Bruce Bjork

Southern Coast of Maine
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2020 8:29 am    

I have a USA Peavey Nashville 112 and looking for options to lighten the load, suggestions for lighter speakers would be appreciated.
Thanks

Dale Foreman

Crowley Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2020 8:40 am     Speaker

Eminence TT 12.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2020 2:06 pm    

I had a NV112 that I bought used with a Telonics 12" speaker (custom Eminence neodymium). I also had a mostly broken in Travis Toy 12" (custom Eminence neodymium). I removed the Telonics and installed the TT12 in the Nashville 112. Both the Telonics and Travis Toy worked great but the Telonics, mounted in the Nashville 112 cabinet had a little smoother high end and a little more low end so I stuck with the Telonics. Both speakers are 7 lbs.

However, I now have a Quilter Travis Toy 12 amp and The Travis Toy 12 speaker is the perfect steel guitar speaker in the Quilter 12" "Block Dock" speaker cabinet.

Bruce Bjork

Southern Coast of Maine
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2020 2:48 pm    

Where can I purchase a Telonics TSNEO-12-4?

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2020 5:03 pm    

Hey Bruce, I would be happy to order you a new Telonics speaker and have it drop shipped to you.

Send me an email with your zip code and I will get you a quote right back to you.

Thanks,
Bill

bferguson1947@gmail.com

AUTHORIZED DEALER

AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

David Nugent

Gum Spring, Va.
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2020 5:50 am    

P.M. sent.

Bill Moore

Manchester, Michigan
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2020 11:57 am    

If you look up the specifications for both speakers, the Peavey 1238 and the TT 12", the Peavey weighs 7.5 lbs, the TT weighs 7.1 lbs. The Telonics weighs 7.4. It doesn't seem like changing the speaker will decrease the amp's weight much. If the amp's weight bothers you, investing in a cart or dolly to move your gear seems like a better investment.

Bruce Bjork

Southern Coast of Maine
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2020 12:26 pm    

Bill Moore wrote:
If you look up the specifications for both speakers, the Peavey 1238 and the TT 12", the Peavey weighs 7.5 lbs, the TT weighs 7.1 lbs. The Telonics weighs 7.4. It doesn't seem like changing the speaker will decrease the amp's weight much. If the amp's weight bothers you, investing in a cart or dolly to move your gear seems like a better investment.

Having done my research I’m going to stick with the stock speaker for the time being, thank you Bill, David, Dale and Jack.
Bruce

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2020 2:33 pm    

From what I can find the 1238 is not the Blue Marvel speaker used in the Nashville 112. The pictures I find of the 1238 are totally different than the one in the Nashville 112.

I've worked on several NV112's and changed speakers for one client and just from what I recall I would say the Blue Marvel used in the NV112 is at least 12 to 14 lbs (double or close to double of the Telonics).

I used a NV112 for several years. I would say I "tolerated" the amp. The OPA 2134 chip mod makes it much better. Stock (no chip mod) and the Telonics speaker makes it even better than with the chip mod. (both the chip mod and speaker change is too much - I tried it to see).

Bruce Bjork

Southern Coast of Maine
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2020 2:57 pm    

My amps speaker probably weighs around 17 lbs., I’m liking the tone. Our band practices once a week and I use my BOSS Katana 100, only use my 112 at home and when we play out which won’t happen until we can play outdoors again which won’t happen soon up here on the Southern Coast of Maine. I’m playing banjo, guitar and pedal steel in the band so lots of load out. BTW loving my BOSS Katana 100 which my son and I modified with a pine cabinet.

Richard Nelson

Drogheda, Louth, Ireland
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2020 6:08 pm    

I tried the Telonics speaker in the 112 for about a year and I just couldn’t get to like it at all. The best speaker for the 112 is the stock speaker. It’s heavy but it’s the best. Listen to Buddy Emmons playing through one. I also tried the telonics 12 with the Little Walter 89 and sorry,,,hard as nails. If you like that really bright hard sound maybe. I also found the telonics 12 seemed to sustain less.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChkzP48NKKSiredddt-NGEQ?view_as=public

www.myspace.com/ricknelsteel