| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Vince Gill leaving the Time Jumpers
Craig Stock

Westfield, NJ USA
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2020 9:10 am    

https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/vince-gill-is-leaving-the-time-jumpers/

I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet.

Today is tomorrow's Good ol' days

Douglas Schuch

Valencia, Philippines
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2020 3:59 pm    

Yeah, I saw that news on their FB feed. To be honest, I'm not sure it's a big loss musically. Vince is a great musician, but the TJ's had their own style and vibe that is different from Vince's. I'm sure it helped the band gain fans, but I will always miss Dawn Sear's contribution to the band far more than Vince's.

Wendy Moten is listed in the article as a member of the band. Her joining was announced just over a year ago, and I am looking forward to her having a bigger role in the future - love her voice!

A Time Jumper fan, but too far away to see them live.

Darrell Criswell

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2020 10:43 am    

Wonder why? Maybe he is just tired of fighting the nashville traffic or maybe he is too worried about coronavirus with them starting up again, I would. Would be interesting to know!

Larry Bressington

The beautiful sunsets of Nebraska
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2020 8:12 am    

Great read, the most wonderful set of musicians and human being's on the planet. I hope this band never dis-bands and will continue for many more decades, sure artist's come and go, life commitments, work, other avenue's etc it's all part of it, sure going to miss Vince's velvet voice and those smoking guitar chops, Vince is killer at everything he does... it's on my bucket list to take a trip down to TN to see these awsome players when they get going again.

Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2020 9:14 am    

Quote:
Over their tenure, The Time Jumpers have seen many other members come and go, and have lost numerous members to death, including Dawn Sears, fiddle player Hoot Hester, and drummer Rick Vanaugh.

ummmm..... John Hughey

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2020 6:11 pm    

Vince is a great player and singer and will be missed for sure. But the band has to evolve as they have in the past. It adds color and variety to their respective performances. It keeps things fresh. And Vince will find new areas to explore with his many talents. He has an awesome studio at his home. Perhaps that's his focus for now.

Larry Ball

Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2020 7:31 pm    

Last week Stuie French filled in for Andy Reiss who was sick. Stuie is an unbelievable guitar player who moved his very talented family from Australia last year. He mentioned on his Facebook page that Vince Gill apparently had to step down because of his commitments with the Eagles.