The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  KSGA 2020 Steel Show
Rick Eaves

Maple Grove, MO - U.S.A.
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2020 8:52 am    

Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, we have decided to CANCEL the steel show ( Oct. 2 thru the 4th) in Baxter Springs, KS. We feel we must consider the risks involved and wait until next year. If you have any questions pertaining to this post, please cal Lee Ogle @ 620-284-1420. Thank you!

Dick Hitchcock

Wayne, Nebraska
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2020 1:54 pm    

Rick....Sorry to hear that, but expected it...We all must make sure that it is safe to get together...We will miss seeing everyone again this year, but we darn sure will do it again....To you, and Lee, and everyone at KSGA, stay well....we'll see you next year......Dick and Bev!

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2020 5:52 pm    

I was hopeful that we would be in the clear by then, but I see the virus has won out. Let's pray for a better 2021. Hope to see everyone then. Take care and stay safe.

Casey Lowmiller

Kansas
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2020 9:56 pm    

I’ll admit, it was awkward to not be packing stuff Thursday night and more awkward to get up on Friday and just head to work. It was really strange feeling to just spend the weekend around the house. I look forward to the KSGA show and I know that when October hits it’s time for some amazing picking, old friends and good food.

I know that it was a tough decision by the powers that be, but I applaud them for making a smart choice during these strange times. I know that it couldn’t have been easy, but I know that they were looking out for everyone’s health & safety.

Hopefully this crap will be under control before next Fall and the 2021 show will be back bigger and better than ever!!!

Casey

Leland Ogle

Baxter Springs, Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2020 5:20 pm    

I was bummed all weekend but we did have a monthly meeting on Sunday, just wasn't the same as having the show. Hopefully next year.