The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Loss of email contacts
Harold Dye

Cullman, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2020 4:56 am    

About 3 days ago I tried to forward an email and I found the contacts folder was empty. I have been using Firefox as my browser for a long time with no problems. I have tried everything I could find to correct the problem with no luck. Sat, I updated the Win 10 to the new version and I still could not find my contacts or was I able to add new ones. Today when I started the computer and went to a search page, Firefox told me it was not my default browser. I noticed the Edge icon was on the screen and some of the sites I go to had it on them. I went to my email and checked my contacts and they were there. Why did they go away with firefox and come back with Edge. Wiz is this becoming a problem with Win 10?

Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2020 8:07 pm    

Harold;
Every time you update Windows 10 to a new features version it changes your default apps to those made by or for Microsoft and Windows 10. This includes browsers and email client. You also get the honor and privilege of fighting through the new account setup screens (or finding the skip for now link).

I recommend saving the settings for your browser and email client. I use Acronis Tru Image to save my documents, media files, work files and the entire C drive twice a week.
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog

Harold Dye

Cullman, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2020 4:53 am    

Thanks Wiz. I will try that. Since I updated to the new Win 10 version the computer seems to have gotten slower, hope that will change.