The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Paul Franklin Jr - COVID -19
Ron Shalita

California, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2020 1:16 pm    

Oh No so sorry to hear this.... I just lost a good friend to it , not a good thing to get! Get well soon ...

Carl Williams

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2020 1:19 pm    

Paul,
Sending my best for your family’s full recovery...Carl

Wayne Franco

silverdale, WA. USA
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2020 3:23 pm     This is sad news

Hoping for a speedy recovery for everyone in the family.

John Goux

California, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2020 8:02 am    

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to the whole family.
John

Peter Freiberger

California, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2020 10:05 am    

Best wishes to all the Franklin family. If there were to be one small, good thing as a result from this happening to such prominent members of Nashville's musical elite, I hope it might convince others in Nashville to take COVID seriously.

Franklin

Post  Posted 29 Jul 2020 3:34 am    

Much Love to all of you and a special thanks for all of the prayers and well wishes!
We are all turning the corner. My son, Darrell, Mom and Dad all send their love...I see the specualtion has started so if I may? This is a brief scenario of how my families battle with covid unfolded.

My parents were living and still will be living at home...We are not sure if one of Mom's social workers brought it into their home but we were trying our best to keep them isolated over the last 5 months...

When my parents developed the symptoms. My son Darrell and I chose to step in front of the bullet and protected ourselves as much as possible but they needed help. I was blessed with having such loving and supportive parents. It was our turn to be there.

Dad is 87 and he developed symptoms first and because Mom at 85 has dementia someone had to stay home with her while Dad was tested. I stayed with Mom while Darrell drove Dad to be tested...12 hours later Mom was showing symptoms so the next day was a repeat of the same scenario...I stayed with Dad while Darrell drove Mom...Darrell and I both wore gloves and masks..The thing that is not told...We intake covid through the mouth, nose, and "The eyes"...Wearing a mask keeps the covid patients breathing and coughs from getting into the air...However once the virus is in the air masks still leaves our eyes unprotected. This is how Darrell and I were infected...By the time Mom and Dad showed symptoms it was throughout the air in their house...I would do it all over in a heartbeat...Its important that we all stay aware of the full potential of how this air born beast enters our systems.

Anyways we are all turning the corner. Healing at this age is a slow but steady walk uphill...I actually feel great and my son actually feels better than I do - probably due to being 20 years younger...I am so proud of him. He had no lack of hesitation when it came to being there for his Grand Parents...Darrel and I have the same remaining cough which we are told can take some covid patients up to a few months to alleviate ...

Again your love and prayers for my family are deeply appreciated! Please everyone stay safe and live cautiously!
Much Love xx
Paul

Ron Shalita

California, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2020 4:36 am    

Wow thank you Paul for your update, I am so glad you and the family are healing! and thank you so much for explaining how it got into your eyes, I did not know this... this is so scary, seems like there is nothing you can do to protect yourself... again thanks..

Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2020 4:44 am    

Paul, that's a story about the true meaning of the words courage and character. Continued prayers and best wishes for a good outcome for all of you.

Bill McCloskey

Nanuet, NY
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2020 4:50 am    

A close friend of mine also got Covid through his eyes and lost 90% of his eye sight. He has since recovered most of his vision, but contacting it through the eyes is rarely discussed. He believes he got it while bike riding, because, outside of one bike ride, he stayed relatively isolated. I am so happy you and your family are on the mend.

Ron Shalita

California, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2020 4:54 am    

Thanks... I ride my bike on the beach a lot... and most people dont wear a mask... guess i will stop that now!

Frank Freniere

The First Coast
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2020 5:54 am    

Great to hear everyone is doing better - thanks for sharing your story. Please continue to take care of yourselves!

Wayne Franco

silverdale, WA. USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2020 6:58 am     good news

So glad everyone is getting better..Whew

Dale Rottacker

Walla Walla Washington, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2020 7:03 am    

Wow Paul, quite an ordeal... so glad you are all doing better and healing up, individually and as a family... My Dad has Dementia and is in a facility that you can't even get into to be able to visit him as long as this is going on.

in 2016 I developed a chronic cough from a bad cold and razorblades in throat at each swallow...
in 2018 I developed pneumonia which repeated regimens of antibiotics would not touch and consequently ended up in the hospital for 11 days having surgery on my left lung to scrape off a 3x3x5/8" thick chunk of infection...
I STILL have that cough, if I breathe cold air or laugh at something my wife says...
Being careful is not normal for me, but Andrea makes sure that I am.
*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com

Manfred Schall

Langenfeld, Germany
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2020 10:27 am    

Hello Paul,
Thank you very much for this info. Great news. I am very glad that everybody is ok.
Especially your parents. Amazing people... love em.
Best wishes to all and a speedy recovery.

Cheers,
Manfred

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2020 10:28 am    

Paul; I am so sorry you/ya'll had/have to go through this ordeal. I'm glad it's finally getting in the rear view mirror for you and your wonderful Son; but since you can still see it; continue on the healing path. Tell Mom and Dad; I'm praying daily for the Franklin's ; Bless ya'lls Hearts and Spirits.
Ricky

Jerry Horch

Alva, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2020 11:01 am     Franklins

Ditto....wonderful family

Kevin Mincke

Farmington, MN (Twin Cities-South Metro) USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2020 5:52 pm    

Thank you for the Franklin update Paul. I'm glad to hear all are turning the corner, especially your folks who are elderly and much more susceptible to infection. Prayers for your family & continued healing & recovery.

Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2020 6:55 pm    

Paul, it's good to hear you and the family are all doing better, it's damn scary stuff for sure!
Hope things progress well for you all and good to know you and your son are taking care of your wonderful parents.

God bless you mate.
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.

Mike Cass

Post  Posted 31 Jul 2020 8:36 pm    

Paul and family...so sorry to hear about this, but you're correct, you and Darrell did the right thing.
The Franklin family are sweet folks and I pray for a full and speedy recovery for all. Lmk if you need anything at all.
Sincerely, MC

Last edited by Mike Cass on 1 Aug 2020 9:34 am; edited 2 times in total

Don R Brown

Rochester, New York, USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2020 5:07 am    

Showed this to my wife and she said "He's a stand-up guy!" To which I agree. All the best for continued recovery!

Travis Toy

Nashville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2020 11:15 am    

So glad you, Darrell, and your sweet parents are okay, my friend.

-t

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2020 11:22 am    

I am so glad to read that the whole family is on the mend. I know too many people who have fought this battle and I know how it becomes the entirety of your life and all the lives around you.

Rick Schmidt

Prescott AZ, USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2020 3:24 pm    

So glad to hear that you all have turned that corner! Blessings to you all!

J R Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2020 5:56 pm    

My Prayers for you Paul and your family. May you all continue to recover. And may God Bless you. J.R. Rose

Jerry Van Hoose

Wears Valley, Tennessee
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2020 1:46 pm    

Paul, my thoughts and prayers have been with you and your family since whenever I learned of this from the beginning, I just sometimes don’t mention it publicly. However, the determination and courage that you have exemplified portrays the honorable dedication to your family. May God bestow a special blessing upon you all.