The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Drum kit has no bass note assigned
Bill Mollenhauer

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2020 3:46 pm    

A window comes up with this in it "Drum Kit has no bass note assigned". How do I fix this. After this a window comes up saying "no snare note assigned". then another "no closed high hat note", then "no open high hat note assigned". This just appeared after some glitch in the program that I am slowly working out.

Bill Mollenhauer

Jim Fogle

North Carolina, Winston-Salem, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2020 7:44 am    

Bill,

The midi settings are corrupt or lost in the program.

Press both the control and E keys (Ctrl + E) at same time to open the Preferences window.

Select the "MIDI Driver" button on the top row of buttons to open the "MIDI/Audio Drivers Setup" window.

What is listed will depend on what midi devices you have. For example, if you have a keyboard attached you will see the keyboard listed under input and output drivers.

IF you have a midi keyboard then select it as the MIDI Input, otherwise use the default of "No MIDI driver".

Select the keyboard "MIDI Output Driver" or the default "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth".

Now things get tricky because there are multiple choices.

You can use the Microsoft GS Wavetable synth or one of the soft synths PG Music provides or:

If you want to use a soft synth, enable (check) the "Use VST/DXi Synth" checkbox.

PG Music provides two soft synths: Coyote WT for 32 bit operating systems and VSTSynthFont64 for 64 bit operating systems. You are welcome to select another soft synth if you have one. I use TTS-1 from Cakewalk by BandLab so that's why you see it in the screen shot.

Cakewalk by Bandlab Computer DAW
Zoom MRS-8 8 Track Hardware DAW

Bill Mollenhauer

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2020 8:06 am    

Jim,

That seems to be the fix. The out put driver was set to No MIDI/sound output. The synth was set to Coyote but somehow as I was backing out of the program I set it to Microsoft GS Wavetable. Does it make any difference? I don't use BIAB for anything complicated, just chords to sing/play with. Driver latency was set to 30 but I set it back to 0 as per the promps/hint and Audio Settings was set to (WAS Always). Does it matter? I dont even know what these things are.

You should get paid by PGMusic . They told me to delete MySetup.dk in the bb\Preferences folder. That didn't work.

Thanks for the help Bill Mollenhauer

Jim Fogle

North Carolina, Winston-Salem, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2020 5:10 pm    

Bill,

Thanks for reporting back. Without the feedback you never know what works and what didn't work.

I'm glad your problem is fixed.
Cakewalk by Bandlab Computer DAW
Zoom MRS-8 8 Track Hardware DAW