The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steel Guitar Builder Training Center
Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2020 4:16 pm    

Pedal Steel Guitar Building Training Center .
I am now offering Training on how to build a Pedal steel guitar. The training is a hands on training opportunity for each student. The Course is a 4 day course and includes all materials needed to build a pedal steel guitar. And 28 hours of hands on training in my shop.
At the completion of the course you will have your very own 6 string 2 floor 2 knee pedal steel guitar that you have built. And you will know how to build one from start to finish.
You will also learn the Basics of CNC operation with Mach3
And Basic Cad Drawing on Vcarve Pro.
The Course cost is $1895.00 and you will need to supply your on motel room and meals.
Also the course is available for the 10 string 3 floor and 4 knee pedal steel in a 5 day course and cost is $2295.00 and you supply your meals and room.
ALSO offering a master course on Lap steel guitars building. This is a 3 day Course and includes a completed Lap steel guitar at the completion of the course that you CNC cut and build from scratch while training.
The Lap steel building course cost is $849.00
and includes all materials needed to build one lap steel guitar. as well as 20 hours of hands on training in my shop.
You will need to supply your on meals and motel room.
COME TO North Carolina and learn a trade.
Learn from master steel guitar builder Jimmie Hudson
To Reserve your spot contact me at : 704-986-6481

Last edited by Jimmie Hudson on 29 Jun 2020 4:13 am; edited 2 times in total

Joshua Tschetter

South Dakota
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2020 4:49 pm    

Wow! Awesome!!! Won’t make it, but good luck and thanks for offering the time, knowledge, and material for this amazing class. My hats off to you Mr. Hudson. This is definitely on my bucket list! Cool!!!

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2020 4:54 pm     Thanks

Joshua Tschetter wrote:
Wow! Awesome!!! Won’t make it, but good luck and thanks for offering the time, knowledge, and material for this amazing class. My hats off to you Mr. Hudson. This is definitely on my bucket list! Cool!!!
The class will be offered 3 weeks each month so you can get in the class when it is convenient for you.

Bill McCloskey

Nanuet, NY
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2020 6:52 pm    

Great idea Jimmy. I love entrepreneurs.

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2020 7:26 pm     Thanks

Bill McCloskey wrote:
Great idea Jimmy. I love entrepreneurs.
Thanks

Jim Goins

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jun 2020 4:25 am     Steel Guitar Builder

That sounds like A great deal and a lot of fun Jimmie. what part of NC. are you in.
Jim.

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jun 2020 8:18 am     Re: Steel Guitar Builder

Jim Goins wrote:
That sounds like A great deal and a lot of fun Jimmie. what part of NC. are you in.
Jim.
South Central NC about 40 miles East of Charlotte NC . Small town of Albemarle.
Nice peaceful old farm is where the Shop is located ,just 4 miles out of town. Great place to enjoy learning to build Steel guitars.

Johnie King

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2020 9:56 am    

Wow what a cool opportunity too learn how Too build your pedal steel from a genius steel builder. Learn the CNC operation Jimmy uses too make the wood cabinet an all the aluminum parts. I’m sure Jimmy would have loved a opportunity like this too learn from a pro builder at the beginning of his career.
Too share his knowledge he has gained from the many hours he has spent thru the years to actually design a way too actually manufacture pedals steels on his own validates his hard work an determination an incredible generosity too help others realize a skill too use too learn too manufacture in large numbers with minimal labor.
Thanks Jimmy

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2020 7:08 pm     Thanks Johnie

Johnie King wrote:
Wow what a cool opportunity too learn how Too build your pedal steel from a genius steel builder. Learn the CNC operation Jimmy uses too make the wood cabinet an all the aluminum parts. I’m sure Jimmy would have loved a opportunity like this too learn from a pro builder at the beginning of his career.
Too share his knowledge he has gained from the many hours he has spent thru the years to actually design a way too actually manufacture pedals steels on his own validates his hard work an determination an incredible generosity too help others realize a skill too use too learn too manufacture in large numbers with minimal labor.
Thanks Jimmy
Thanks Johnie, I learned a few building tricks from you.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2020 12:24 am     Build your own guitar

Jimmie, If you decide to offer one on the 10 string 3P, 4K's. You let me know. I am 79 years old, would love to have one of your 10 strings, but the icing on the cake, would be to build it myself in what time I have left. What an amazing idea you have.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2020 3:58 am     Re: Build your own guitar

Jim Reynolds wrote:
Jimmie, If you decide to offer one on the 10 string 3P, 4K's. You let me know. I am 79 years old, would love to have one of your 10 strings, but the icing on the cake, would be to build it myself in what time I have left. What an amazing idea you have.
The 10 string course is a 5 day course. cost is $2295.00 and you supply your room and meals.

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2020 4:56 pm     ttt

ttt

Johnie King

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2020 4:17 am    

Good deal here folks. With Jimmy teaching the CNC basics you could learn too program
These Machines too build your on parts.
If your looking too get into CNC machining it’s invaluable too know the right CNC machines to invest in an the right Tooling to use. Jimmy has learned a wealth of knowledge.
Let’s see you get too take your Hudson steel home an say yes I built this .
This is such a good opportunity I can tell you from experience
Building a pedal steel by trail an error is good way too waste time an money.

Not only do you learn the skills to build pedal steel
You also learn the process of manufacturing an marketing skills.

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2020 4:02 pm     ttt

ttt