The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Pull Rod Linkage
Burnell Groft

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2020 3:38 pm    

First Pedal (A) String 5 & 10 the 5th string pulls before the 10th string. where do i change the linkage to get an even pull? at the bell crank or the puller finger? I have the rod at the puller fingers in the middle hole on a three hole finger, and for the 5th string on a 5 hole bell crank,the rod is in the first hole nearer the body,and the 10th string is in the second hole nearer the body. If anyone can decipher this post it would be a great help. I have the same problem with the second pedal but if i get help with the first pedal,i think i can fuigar it out. Thank for any help i can get.

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2020 6:50 pm    

5th string -- move the rod to the next bellcrank hole away from the body (or the one after that, depending on how much difference you are needing to make up) and back off the nylon tuner.

Bobby D. Jones

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2020 7:20 pm    

Small strings tune slower to the pull note than larger strings. I suggest you unscrew the tuner nut on the 10th string at the changer finger. Work on the 5th string getting it to the proper raise note. Check the stops and make sure they are adjusted proper and lock nut tight if required. Once you get the 5th string in tune open and the C# raise. Then go to the 10th string and work getting it in open tune and then the raise to C#. Being a larger string it will tune within the stops for the 5th string.
Good Luck and back Happy Steelin.