The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ron Landis' Sterling Silver Fingerpicks
Dave Hopping

Aurora, Colorado
Post  Posted 29 May 2020 7:10 pm    

Mine arrived today. Just got done with about a half hour playing,and I'm a thoroughly delighted camper! They feel solid,they do NOT slip,and the silver composition gives a subtle sweetness to whatever you're playing. The rounded shape seems to make for a little more picking accuracy as well.Guys,check out Ron's post in "New Product Announcements" for more info. No connection except for being a happy customer,but I think Ron's got a winner here! Winking

Dan Kelly

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 30 May 2020 11:06 am     Landis Studios Sterling Silver Picks Review

Hey Dave! Yes. I have had mine for about one week, at this point. I agree with you. They really stay on. They hold very securely, without pinching or without pressure on my cuticles or finger tips. The multiple small protrusions on the inside gripping surface of the picks really grab hold. And, after playing for 90 minutes at a time, show no signs of discomfort, at least on my fingers.

The substantial thickness and the round shape of the blade give me the feeling of a confident smooth attack and release of the strings. Because of the shape and material of the picks, they seem to have reduced some string noise for me.

Plus, they are real works of art. The .925 sterling silver material is a great medium for Ron Landis' hand engraving.

Hey, they are not cheap. However, considering the fact that we all normally get one set of picks we use for years, it doesn't seem to be a bad investment in playing comfort.

I have no interest in this other than just getting the word out on The Forum about these picks.

Gene Tani

Pac NW
Post  Posted 30 May 2020 5:26 pm    

Just ordered a sterling pair, one Death grip and one shield, can't wait!

Ron Landis

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2020 7:44 pm    

I really want to thank you guys for chiming in with reviews and I'm really happy you like your new picks! As you can imagine, it's been a pretty tough row to hoe introducing the world's most expensive picks right in the middle of this economic slowdown and chaos we're all enduring.

Word of mouth will either make or break us since I've gambled all my chips on just getting tooled up for production. I don't really have an advertising budget. I appreciate you all for helping to get the word out.

For more info on Landis Picks, go to;
https://www.landisstudios.net/finger-picks

Ron Shalita

California, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2020 7:51 pm    

Wow i was going to post about them to see if anyone has gotten them yet, and this was already posted... I ordered mine today and Ron said that he will be sending them out in a couple of days... looking forward to getting them... I might order a second pair ..

Dave Hopping

Aurora, Colorado
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2020 8:03 am    

I use 3 fingerpicks, and ordered two pair so I'd have a set and a spare.Yesterday I ordered another pair so I could have a set for home and another for work. The more I play them the better they feel--and sound.As a longtime player,I learned many years ago that quality is always worth the extra investment!

Gene Tani

Pac NW
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2020 5:47 pm    

I vaguely remembered this from a loong time ago, Mr. Landis has put in a lot of time, effort, prototypes, brain calories etc on this project

https://www.banjohangout.org/archive/324992

Last edited by Gene Tani on 3 Jun 2020 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Ron Shalita

California, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2020 5:51 pm    

Got a letter today saying that they were sent out... wow i just ordered them yesterday SO quick.. seems to be a good guy to do business with !

Gene Tani

Pac NW
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2020 7:34 am    

Arrived yesterday, they sound and play really nicely, warm tone, gave impressions here: https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=2930110#2930110

My photos are mostly dark/blurry but

[/img]

Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2020 7:28 pm     Finger picks

Who makes these finger picks,I want a set how much are they? Steve Black.

Dave Hopping

Aurora, Colorado
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2020 8:32 pm    

Steven-here's a link to Ron's website.You can get all your Q's answered there.

https://www.landisstudios.net/

Gene Tani

Pac NW
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2020 10:03 pm     Landis picks

Steven here's original thread https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=357357