The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Oklahoma Steel Guitar Show Cancelled
Beverly Harris

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 11 May 2020 11:17 am    

We, like everyone else, have been waiting to see what is happening with COVID-19 . Since Saturday, we have 123 new cases in Oklahoma, therefore, we and the majority of the board have come to the conclusion that we are NOT going to have our show this year. Due to the fact that we have so many musicians and fans over the age of 65, we felt that we did not want to risk anyone's health. After talking to some of the performers, they are excited to know that they will be invited next year and that we all will be looking forward to seeing/hearing each other. Stay safe and healthy.

john buffington

Owasso OK - USA
Post  Posted 11 May 2020 1:04 pm    

Very wise move, everyone it seems is able to understand a decision such as this. Hopefully, 2021 will be a much better year for all.

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2020 10:36 am    

Thanks Beverly. Probably for the best. Make sure you post the next years show early enough for us out of town folks to secure a Hotel room. God bless.

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 13 May 2020 1:53 am    

I hate you had to cancel but completely understand. Playing comes second to so many others health.

Terry Wood

Marshfield, MO
Post  Posted 14 May 2020 10:21 pm    

Beverly, I think you made a very wise decision. The numbers for Covid-19 keep going up. Sadly there will be many more cases and deaths in the coming weeks and months. In time it will pass, but it's not going to just disappear and magically go away. We all want to play music again and get the Steel Guitars back up and running, but not just yet. Thank You for doing the right thing!

Eddie Lane

Branson, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 19 May 2020 1:08 pm    

Beverly, I know you hated to do this but I'm sure it was a wise choice. Hopefully, it will settle down before too long. Wishing you and The Oklahoma Steel Guitar Association the best my friend!

Beverly Harris

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 20 May 2020 5:38 am     Cancellation

Eddie Lane wrote:
Beverly, I know you hated to do this but I'm sure it was a wise choice. Hopefully, it will settle down before too long. Wishing you and The Oklahoma Steel Guitar Association the best my friend!

Thank you, Eddie. We hated to cancel, but the odds were against us with so many people in the high risk category. We just didn't feel like asking our musicians and fans to be there. After getting feedback from all the steel players who had been scheduled up to that date, and band members, there was overwhelming agreement with our decision even though they were disappointed that the virus cancelled another one. Lord willing, we'll see everyone next year.