The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Judy Kathryn Beavers
Walter Stettner

Vienna, Austria
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2020 1:15 am    

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family, Randy.

Walter Stettner
Vienna, Austria

Michael Johnstone

Sylmar,Ca. USA
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2020 10:09 am    

Let me add my name to the list of folks wishing you and yours peace and comfort at this time.

John Norris

Peterson Strobe Tuners, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2020 1:46 pm    

Please accept my deepest sympathies, Randy.

Harold Dye

Cullman, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2020 4:57 am    

Randy so sorry to hear of this. I know what it is like to deal with a family member with this horrible disease. I pray for your family and I know Judy is in a better place and not suffering anymore.

Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2020 6:28 am    

Randy, so sorry to see this. I never met your wife, but I know from what I read about her and having met you a few times, you're both super kind people. Paradise has healed her and you'll be with her again.
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.

Jim Fogle

North Carolina, Winston-Salem, USA
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2020 10:25 am     I'm Sorry For Your Loss

Randy,

I'm sorry for the loss you and your family suffered.
Cakewalk by Bandlab Computer DAW
Zoom MRS-8 8 Track Hardware DAW

Bob Shelton

Spring Branch, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2020 12:47 pm    

I'm no good with words at a time like this, Randy. I remember talking with Judy at the Jamboree in 2007 about our great times in Tulsa. I am thinking about you.

Laney Hicks

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2020 1:51 pm     My Special Friend

I think I can do this now. Judy and I spent a lot of personal time together for a lot of years. Her quiet, gentle manner was the first thing I noticed about her when we first met. Our mega talented husbands had discovered that they really enjoyed playing twin steels together, and so we were in a great position to see a lot of each other, too.
I was afraid my talkativeness would overwhelm Judy...but, I was wrong! In our wonderful times together, as we grew closer and closer, I discovered one of the most interesting, intelligent beyond belief, and creative individuals I've ever known! Her eyes literally sparkled when she laughed, and she loved to laugh! We've talked for hours in the back seat of a car traveling together to a steel show, or sitting for hours and hours at a Convention table somewhere, or in one or the others kitchen.....and I marveled at how much she knew about so many subjects.

But, the one area she taught me most about was the pure magnificence of her "simple" faith in Jesus Christ. She'd say, "I read and study the Word, and I simply believe what it says". No need for lengthy apologetics for Judy Beavers, (though believe me, she could have kept up with the best of them in that arena, too); Judy trusted Jesus because she knew Him the way He says we all must...she simply Believed. She has helped me more than she could ever know to hear her encouraging voice in my head when my heart even now feels doubt or fear.
I'm sure she has had that same impact on many lives; the Lord used her, you know, as an official Minister of His Word in her own community, for years.

I need to say one more thing about Judy. She loved her life because she was one of the fortunate ones to love one man with all heart, who loved her, with all of his. Randy and Judy were the kind of "One" God intended marriage to be.

Russ and I were so blessed to know Judy and Randy Beavers; to admire them both individually, and to love them deeply as a couple, and as Friends.

I will always have a vivid image of Judy's angel face and the lilt of her sweet voice very close in my heart's most treasured memories.

Randy Beavers

Lebanon,TN 37090
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2020 4:38 pm     My Heartfelt Thanks.

Dear friends, I’m humbled by your caring hearts. I truly thank each of you.

We laid Judy to rest today at a beautiful country cemetery in Norene Tennessee. It’s located on top of a hill with a breathtaking view for miles of Middle Tennessee.

These are her words that she wrote for the service of a church members daughter in law who passed away. She pastored this little church for several years. Lynna, our daughter read them today. This will give you an insight into her beautiful spirit and mind.

A SYMPATHETIC SAVIOR Sunday, August 22, 2010 Acts 9:36-42
Outside my kitchen window, there stands a tall hickory tree. We hadn’t been in our house a month when the tree was struck by lightning during a severe thunder storm. Branches and leaves were blown off of it, but the most devastating injury to the tree was the deep crevice that spiraled down its trunk.
Life is like that. I remember that there had been a circus in town that evening. People went to see the animals perform, to be awed by the acrobats, and to laugh at the clowns. Little did they know that soon a storm would come with the capability of destroying property and
disrupting their lives.
We’ve had a tough year – there’s no denying it. We’ve lost members within the last eight months, we all have heartaches for various reasons, and now we grieve with one of our families at the loss of their daughter-in-law. We may find ourselves wondering about the goodness of a God who allows us to suffer pain and loss. I have no simple answer to this question. But I doggedly hang on to His coattail even in the midst of a storm. I hope this morning’s message gives you a sense of His presence in the midst of whatever you might be facing.
Dorcas was a beloved and respected woman in Joppa. She was a talented seamstress, and she made and gave away clothes to widows who were the poorest and most vulnerable citizens of her community. When the mourners heard that Peter was in the nearby town of Lydda, they sent for him. They had heard of the healing of the paralytic in Lydda that Peter had performed through the Holy Spirit, and they were hoping for a miracle. When Peter arrived, the widows weeped as they showed him the clothes Dorcas made for them. Peter had everyone leave the room and knelt down to pray. In prayer and through the Holy Spirit, he received the power to give Dorcas’ friends the miracle they desired. Dorcas opened her eyes and sat up. Peter helped her up and called her friends back into the room. Word spread of Dorcas’ revival, and many of those who heard it “believed on the Lord,” (v.42) and were saved.
I don’t know why we don’t hear about many miracles today. I know that our God is still alive and that His Spirit is still among us. When we do hear about “miraculous healings” – and I put this in quotation marks – I am skeptical. There are too many charlatans out there who are out to dupe people out of their money with staged healings. But, even while I doubt the authenticity of some faith healers’ ministries, I don’t doubt the power of God. I believe He can do anything without limitations. I don’t understand why He chooses not to answer our prayers for healing and other things that seem good to us in the way we expect Him to. And maybe that’s the gist of my problem: I don’t understand His purposes for the harsh things that happen in life. I don’t have a God’s eye view of eternity. But even in the midst of prayers that seem to go unanswered, or that are answered, but not in the way I want, I believe in a good and just God. I may ask, "Why?” or “Why not?” but I still believe in Him and His wisdom.
The older I get, I find that I look forward to be reunited with loved ones who have passed on before me. Not that I want to leave my loved ones that are here any time soon; I don’t dread death the way I used to. I just hope it doesn’t hurt. But when the time comes, I know I’ll be in a better place.
This past winter, as one of the storms began blowing in, I noticed little birds finding refuge in the crevice of the big hickory tree. You see, it survived the storm over 22 years ago, and every year since, it has budded in the spring and glowed with new fluorescent green leaves every year. It still drops nuts into our yard every other year (although I think our trees have been off schedule the last few years – they seem to have borne fruit every year). This tree that I was sure we would lose has become a symbol of strength in a storm for me. It is the most beautiful tree in our yard.
It stands and serves several purposes. It’s a refuge for the birds, it provides food for the squirrels, shade for our house, and reminds me that when it seems that my world is crashing down around me, God is still there. He holds me up when I think I can’t stand any longer. He gives me strength day by day.
Today, if you are hurting, go to your Father in prayer. He listens and He gives us what we need when we need it the most – not always what we want, but what we need. Yes, He can supply tangible needs, but more importantly, He ministers to our spiritual needs: what we need to prepare us for eternity. The prophet Isaiah describes Jesus, who is God Incarnate, as “a Man of many sorrows and acquainted with grief.” (Isa. 53:3, NKJV) He was rejected by society, and He bore our grief and died for our transgressions. Our God is not an uncaring God made of stone or wood. He is a living being, not selfishly demanding that we serve him, but serving us to save us from our own selfish natures and eternal death. He is a sympathetic Savior Who wants our love and our fellowship, and for us to love and serve one another and other people who do not yet know Him.
If you are grieving the loss of things, don’t. They can be replaced. If you are grieving the loss of health, hang on to God’s coattails. He will see you through. If we are grieving the loss of loved ones, we best honor their memories by living our lives in ways that honor them. Don’t give up on life. Let’s do something with it that would be meaningful to our loved ones. Give of our time or money to a worthy cause that they supported. Plant a garden or a tree in their honor. Most of all, let’s not turn away from God. He’s in our corner whether it feels like it or not. And at the end of this life, we will see our loved ones again.

Bill Nicholson

South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 5 Apr 2020 6:55 pm    

Randy...
I saw your original post the first day you posted Judy's passing but could not find the right words to say. I was asking myself again ..."Why do these bad things happen to such good people ?".
The forum message that you just posted (...that had what Judy had written) calmed my soul again to "hang on to God's coattails". That is what I wish I could have written to you a few days ago.

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2020 3:24 am    

Randy so sorry to learn of Judy's passing. Your words above are inspiring,

Peace and prayers to you and your family.

TP

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website

Chuck Walker

Cody, Wyoming, USA
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2020 8:40 am    

Randy, my heart breaks for you and your family. Judy's words above show what a beautiful and caring person she was. May she finally rest in peace. If you ever get out to our part of the country again, we'd love to meet you. Take care and God bless.

Chuck

Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2020 3:45 pm    

Randy and Family we are so sorry to hear of your loss but sound like she is in a better place now. Thoughts and prayers for all.

Paul Pearson

Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2020 5:28 pm     Judy Beavers

Randy this every sad news it's very hard to find words to say at a time like this I lost my mother just a little over a year ago it's just like yesterday but surround yourself with friends and loveones remember what she wrote hold on to God he is your comforter he will never leave you if I hadn't had God on my side I don't think I could've stood it they are in a better place now prepar to meet her again be strong