The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bucky Pizzarelli RIP
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2020 10:09 am    

The great jazz guitarist Bucky Pizarelli passed away Wednesday at the age of 94. Cause of death was the coronavirus. Bucky was one of my long time guitar heros...I loved the way he played 7 string guitar with that low A string, ala George Van Epps who was the father of the 7 string guitar. His son, John, will carry on the 7 string guitar as he is a wonderful guitarist and singer also.
Its sad to me to think that Bucky died from this awful virus.
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

scott murray

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2020 10:22 am    

Bucky is an institution unto himself. we lost Ellis Marsalis on the same day. it's very sad to think of all that they lived through, only to be taken out by this virus in such a short amount of time. it's even worse to think their deaths and many more could have been avoided had we been better prepared and more proactive in our national response to this epidemic.

the jazz world seems to be getting hit particularly hard. it's tragic
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/clarissajanlim/ellis-marsalis-wallace-roney-jazz-musicians-coronavirus