The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Coronavirus and TSGA Jamboree
Lee Barber

Sweeny, TX, USA
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2020 2:17 pm    

So, I had a great time and Albert, Debbie, & the TSGA staff did another fabulous job and I'm looking forward to next year. Thank you all for this year.

Now my question. It's been over 14 days, did anyone that attended come down with the Coronavirus-19?

I am hopeful and praying that no one does.

Last edited by Lee Barber on 30 Mar 2020 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rick Schmidt

Prescott AZ, USA
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2020 3:31 pm    

So far so good with me and everyone I’ve talked to since.

Dale Rottacker

Walla Walla Washington, USA
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2020 4:59 pm    

Rick Schmidt wrote:
So far so good with me and everyone I’ve talked to since.

STILL good PTL.. BUT since getting back home, my wife is now working from home at least through the end of the month and we go out for grocery's just once a week as soon as the store opens, and then Andrea goes in by herself cause she worries about the pneumonia and lung surgery I had a little over a year ago... and then back home.
*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com

mtulbert

Plano, Texas 75023
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2020 4:33 am    

No Virus here or my friend David Rogerson who came from Australia to attend the show.

Rittenberry Laquer D10, Rittenberry Prestige SD10, Revelation Preamp,Revelation Octal Preamp,Lexicon PCM 92 Reverb, Furlong Cabinet

Wayne Franco

silverdale, WA. USA
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2020 9:34 am     I went to the Texas show and still not sick

Been practicing social distancing since I got home a coouple of weeks ago. I don't know of anyone who got sick from being at the show.

Dick Wood

Springtown Texas, USA
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2020 6:49 am    

I didn't get the Virus but I did get a Tommy Huff cabinet made to house my GK MB500 and a Black widow 15" speaker. I think it's gonna sound fab.

Bob Hoffnar

Austin, Tx
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2020 6:50 am     Re: I went to the Texas show and still not sick

Wayne Franco wrote:
Been practicing social distancing since I got home a coouple of weeks ago. I don't know of anyone who got sick from being at the show.

That would great ! If anybody did get it they should let us know so we don’t hurt our loved ones.

Jamie Howze

Boise, ID
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2020 9:03 am    

It was great to get to see you and hang out again. Albert and Debbie did a great job under very challenging circumstances. They and all the rest who contributed deserve all our thanks.

It was one of my favorite jamborees so far. I really enjoyed getting to see more of the younger players.

I got home uninfected as far as I know. No symptoms or anyone near me is sick yet. I spoke with Terry, the other Boise steeler at the show and he said he had experienced some mild symptoms which abated quickly. It sounds more like a bit of airline crud than Covid.

So far so good then. Everyone take care.

Andy DePaule

Saigon, Viet Nam & Springfield, Oregon
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2020 10:58 am     There & still healthy

My wife and I attended and left 17 days ago and no symptoms at all.
We had come from Saigon for the show.
Drove there and visited a few friends on the way. They are also all fine.

On the way back to Oregon we had a nice restaurant dinner (The last supper in a restaurant) with friends in New Mexico and then visited at their home after. They are also doing well.
Next spent a couple of days with another good friend and her two daughters in Phoenix. They also are still well other than her daughters being laid off from their jobs at a restaurant.
Had planned to play a gig the following Friday in the desert east of Los Angeles.
That got canceled so we skipped the drive through LA and went back to Oregon through Nevada from Phoenix.
By then everything was closing down and we decided to avoid other visits we'd planned just in case we had picked it up.

Had been booked for a flight back to Saigon today, but had to cancel and delay because the Viet Nam government has stopped letting anyone in for the duration. That includes people with long term visas or residence cards like me.

For now we are staying with my son Sam and his wife in Harrisburg and we are all doing well though wishing I was going home.
Now just staying in the house and using a mask when we have to go shopping. Thats a small price to pay.
Just wish I had an idea when we might get home? Shocked Whoa! Question

I sure hope no one did get infected at the show. I hope Sarah Jory got home to the UK. Also concerned about Lucky Oceans since his friend from Asleep at the wheel, Ray Benson has gotten it.
Preying all stay well through this.
Best wishes,
Andy & Oanh Very Happy
Magnatone Jeweltone Series Lap Steel, Circa 1950? 6 String with F#minor7th Tuning.
1956 Dewey Kendrick D-8 4&3, Restoration Project.
1973 Sho~Bud Green SD-10 4&5 PSG, Restoration Project.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2020 11:29 am     Re: There & still healthy

Andy DePaule wrote:
...Also concerned about Lucky Oceans since his friend from Asleep at the wheel, Ray Benson has gotten it.

Chatted with Lucky today and he's doing fine. The AATW reunion that was supposed to follow the TSGA Jamboree was called off so he flew right back to Australia after the show and did not see Ray at all. Sure hope Ray comes through this okay. Last post I saw from him said he was reasonably stable.

Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2020 1:37 pm    

I stayed on an extra week and a bit with my GF and got home on the 23rd -- all good here, been in Isolation for the 14 days following the trip but no health issues for either of us !

Good chance to get to know the new family member:

Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.

David Hodan

Denton, Texas; USA
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2020 8:45 am     No Worries!!

I don't want to hijack Andy's thread but wanted to try and put folks that attended the TSGA show at ease.

Big John Wood and I pretty much worked the Ballroom door at the show the whole time. If any were exposed it would have been us. I just spoke with John and we are both in great shape, or at least no worse than before the show, so no worries.

Andy and Paddy, next time you stick in North Texas for any length of time let me know and I'll get you a good home cooked meal.

Dave Hodan
TSGA Sgt At Arms

Stay Safe, Get in touch with all your friends and family, Play and Listen to Music, Pray.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2020 8:50 am     Re: No Worries!!

David Hodan wrote:

Big John Wood and I pretty much worked the Ballroom door at the show the whole time. If any were exposed it would have been us...
Dave Hodan
TSGA Sgt At Arms

Dave, I hope you were the Sergeant-at-Arm's-Length Wink

Andy DePaule

Saigon, Viet Nam & Springfield, Oregon
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2020 9:48 am     David Hodan

Hi David,
I don't own the thread, but happy to see what everybody has to say. Glad that Lee started this needed conversation.
"Andy and Paddy, next time you stick in North Texas for any length of time let me know and I'll get you a good home cooked meal." I'm good for that any time! Thanks.

Forgot to mention this... At the show we were shaking hands with lots of friends, got a few good hugs and only did one "elbow bump". Still don't know why I did that bump, guess I don't like being rude to someone who wanted to do it instead of shaking hands? Laughing I didn't catch anything I know about and going on three weeks now.

We were going to spend an extra week in Texas looking at houses, but was asked to do that reunion gig east of LA with my old band from the early 70's. Yes the gig that got canceled! Sad

Since we are now stuck in the US and can't get home now, we may go back to Texas in a couple of weeks.
Thinking I'd like to buy a house there near the Ft Worth area, but a little out of the metroplex and near a lake if possible. It's my favorite state and favorite Americans and got loads of my favorite music... Nice place to spend the times I'm in the US which is often and will be more in the next three years.

I've been looking at homes there on the web. Lots of nice places at reasonable prices all the way down the I-35 area down to Waco and Temple. Just holding off for a while to see how badly Covid19 trashes our great economy and what happens to property prices.

Paddy, I didn't see you there? But glad you made it home safe and healthy.
I see you are a guy who knows how to have fun in bed! Whoa! Laughing Very Happy

Magnatone Jeweltone Series Lap Steel, Circa 1950? 6 String with F#minor7th Tuning.
1956 Dewey Kendrick D-8 4&3, Restoration Project.
1973 Sho~Bud Green SD-10 4&5 PSG, Restoration Project.

Last edited by Andy DePaule on 2 Apr 2020 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

autry andress

Plano, Tx.
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2020 11:07 am    

No Virus here as well.....
Andy D. & Lee B. Good to see you guys again. Enjoyed our short visit. Take care.
Autry

Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2020 6:15 pm    

My GF took a couple of other pics of me playing that guitar on the end of the bed ...and I wasn't quite so well dressed ...she reckoned I was so engrossed in the guitar I forgot to get dolled up :-}
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.

Larry Bressington

Nebraska
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2020 7:03 pm    

All good here too, yes much needed thread indeed. Hope everyone stays safe, and hope to bump shoulders and have a handshake with many of you when things get better in the future. I live and work by myself so my life is pretty much locked down by nature, blessings pals....Love that Franklin paddy!!!

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2020 6:45 am    

My wife Linda worked the Benevolent Table and I as emcee, came in contact with more people than I can count. I still got a bunch of hugs and handshakes, but immediately cleaned my hand and face to the point my skin felt raw.

We usually start out for home after the show on Sunday and stay in a hotel along the way. But decided that since we had already been in our room at the Sheraton for 5 nights, that it would be best to stay there.

We left out early on Monday morning and got home Monday night.

We did drive thru along the way and all was well.

We have been home since except for a couple of trips for supplies.

All is good with us, so far.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2020 7:02 am    

Hi Paddy. Your herd is increasing nicely bud. That Franklin looks familiar, and it's a real looker. I'll be contacting you to find out how you new purchase compares to your Zums. Very Happy
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,

Ivor Greenwood

Northern Ireland
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2020 10:56 am     Tsga

Ted Nesbitt and I were there from Tuesday till Sunday

We really enjoyed it, met a bunch of friends, including Mr Paddy Long Esquire and the lovely Miss Franny

Got home ok ...No symptons of any kind

Albert and Debbie Tally and all the staff did a superb job under very trying circumstances...

The attendance was down a little on last year

Hope to see you all next year

Jason King

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2020 10:57 am    

No issues for the King boys.

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2020 5:23 am    

I have talked with Albert Talley 4 times since the show. No one has called him about being sick and I sure hope it stays that way. For those who did not attend for whatever reason people were pretty well being cautious. Hand sanitizer stations were around the facility. I had some people who wanted to shake hands while others wanted to bump elbows. Hopefully all this virus will disappear soon and we can get back to a normal way of life.

Kenny Davis

Great State of Oklahoma
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2020 3:06 pm    

My wife and I got there Saturday afternoon and checked out Sunday before noon. Sarah Jory gave me a big hug and held my hand for a minute or so after I told her how much we enjoyed her set the night before! She had been talking to Debbie in the lobby about her return flight concerns.

I heard that she did make it home to care for her Mother, and we are doing well in Oklahoma.

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2020 3:55 pm    

Attended the Jamboree Fri- Sun and spent 4 more days touring Dallas, Cowtown, Hill Country (finally saw Bandera!), Waco and San Antonio river walk. Also spent a few hours with a group of 10 people in a state park cave. Had a great time and no symptoms so far. Been checking my temperature regularly and discovered that my normal body temperature is now in the 97's instead of 98's. Seems that is a pretty normal occurrence when one ages.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

bob drawbaugh

scottsboro, al. usa
Post  Posted 5 Apr 2020 6:53 am    

No issues for us, all is good. But, I'm in an out of Hospitals all week long with my job. Most Hospitals have closed to all visitors. If you're a vendor they send you to the ER to be screened. This is where all the sick people go. We didn't think twice about going to Dallas. But, going into an ER ever day is a little scary.