The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  TSGA Show Is Still On!!
mtulbert

Plano, Texas 75023
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2020 5:19 am    

For those of you who are concerned about the show being canceled by the emergency provisions put into effect by Dallas County last night; I was informed by the hotel that the show does NOT fall under the guidelines to cancel the show so we are still good to go.

So let's have a great show and it should be with the line Albert has set up for the next couple of day.s

Rittenberry Laquer D10, Rittenberry Prestige SD10, Revelation Preamp,Revelation Octal Preamp,Lexicon PCM 92 Reverb, Furlong Cabinet

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2020 6:36 am    

I was going to call myself so THANKS! I was here last night and had a blast. The number of new guitars to gawk at is mind blowing and live music in multiple rooms. I cancelled my room at the Holiday Inn Express and transferred over to here so it's pretty awesome having everything in one place.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Matthew Walton

Fort Worth, Texas
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2020 8:01 am    

Thank you for this! I was trying to figure out if it was worth leaving the house today. Very Happy

1981 MSA "The Universal" 9/5 | 2009 MSA S-12 SuperSlide | Peavey Nashville 112

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2020 10:23 am    

It's beats any show I've ever been to. Whole rooms devoted to Fender Tonemaster, Telonics, GFI, Mullen, MSA, Excel not to mention all the vendors in and around the main hall. Music in many of the rooms. Got to hear Johnny Cox with his new 12 string tuning, Fender Tonemaster demos, Eventide H9 effects demo, Ralph Mooney's GFI is on display, Gene Field's version of the GFI with a fretted neck, Tommy Huff's awesome repackaging of the Nashville 400 with aluminum baffle, custom tolex and Fox mods built in. Too much to type in one paragraph and much more I haven't seen yet.

Want to add that the Eventide H9 has the best rotary speaker sim I've ever hear in a live setting. And you can control it with your phone, for example switching the rotor speeds on the fly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Charley Hill

The Dirty South
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2020 3:10 am    

Dixie and Lloyd have had a long love affair. The show is going on!

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2020 4:21 am    

The crowd is definitely smaller but the show is still great. Lloyd Green was given more time last night and he played great. He also told stories about some of his session recordings. Sure glad I came and look forward to more today and Sunday.

Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2020 6:23 am    

There's not many of the iconic players left. Lloyd was my favorite when I was putting a lot of hours into learning the details of playing steel. I have all of his LP's. I find his style and licks the toughest to duplicate. Much respect toward him. I hope he continues to play until he's slumped over his guitar. Dixie sounds like the ultimate companion. She has good taste. Smile
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2020 6:29 am    

Lloyd is one of my favorites and I really wanted to be there. Extra time watching him is a special treat. I was put off by illness of my spouse and timing. TSGA is the big show for me after a lifetime at Scottys ISGC. Enjoy all the events related to steel guitar. Take pictures and videos and please share.

Jim Cooley

The 'Ville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2020 7:08 am    

I really miss being there. Unfortunately, my wife has a health issue that requires me to stay home. I hope everyone has a great time.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2020 5:31 pm    

Tell us about the Laney & Russ show! Miss seeing Laney especially...

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2020 10:08 pm    

Jim Cohen wrote:
Tell us about the Laney & Russ show! Miss seeing Laney especially...

I miss Laney myself, Jim. I still remember playing a song onstage with her at a show in November of '06.

Rex Lindsey

Ellisville, MS USA
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2020 7:23 am     Tsgj

The show was GREAT !!!!! Lloyd & Sarah stole the show as far as I am consider !!!

May God Bless everyone that helped to put on the show.

Everyone stay as safe as you can.