Craig A Davidson

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin USA
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2020 7:43 am    

Laney, Susie and I are coming.

Laney Hicks

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2020 8:03 pm    

Craig and Susie!!
I'm so glad to get to see you! I miss your Show!!!
Bet it's still wonderful up there in wintry Wisconsin!
Oh...the cheese curds we used to bring home with us...
mercy, me.

Can't wait to hug you both!

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2020 8:54 pm    

Laney, I wish I could be there to see ya! I miss seeing you!

Love,
Brett-Emmons S-10, Jackson Blackjack Custom SD-10, Gretsch G9210 Boxcar Dobro, Gold Tone Paul Beard Signature Series Deluxe Dobro
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Richard Ingley

Bowie, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2020 11:49 pm    

TTT

Laney Hicks

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2020 9:29 pm    

Richard!
So good to see your name! Certainly hope we're going to see you there!
God bless you!

Richard Ingley

Bowie, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2020 6:13 pm    

Yes Laney, I will be there and can't wait to see you. It's been waaaay too long!!!

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2020 2:00 pm    

Hey Laney,

I have left you a couple of messages. When you get a minute, please give me a call and let me know if you want to sing a couple of songs on my set, opening on Friday.

I am putting my charts together now for the show.

Love you,
Bill
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Richard Ingley

Bowie, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2020 6:31 pm    

TTT

Charley Hill

The Dirty South
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2020 7:54 pm    

"The Laney Hicks"? Saw her in SC once a few years ago. Before I went to Iraq I thought?

Glad that JD and myself were able to corner Albert at the show once to speak for LDG. Thank to Albert for putting on one heck of a show you are a real gem of a guy.

I really want to see/hear Laney again....I see Lloyd all the time.

To those that are going to the show, its once in a lifetime to hear these Super Stars.

Sarah Jory.....you are my sweetheart from Way Back .....Please tell Mark I said so...

Yall have fun at the show.....

Laney Hicks

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2020 6:36 pm    

Wow! Hello, Charley!

What great pictures of you and Lloyd!

And, you're right, it's an amazing privilege to be able to gather in one place to hear the very Best of the Best make the Music we love most!

I'm especially grateful to be returning this year. I've said it, but I can't stress it enough. And, the Blessings keep pouring in straight from Heaven surrounding this very, very Special Event!

If you're reading this Post, please come to mine and Russ' Table and say Hello to either reminisce some purely magical moments we've all spent together on the Road over all the many years, or to be properly introduced into our Family of Friends!

Like Charley articulated so well....and I agree; I don't want to miss a thing...or a soul I've long missed and cannot wait to hear and see again!!!

Lord bless and keep all travelers! Be wise and safe. And, we'll see you in Dallas!

Love always and always,

Laney

Laney Hicks

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2020 6:54 pm    

Oh.....and in case anybody's wondering.....
this year, I'm picking "his" keys....

Winking

Mike Sweeney

Nashville,TN,USA
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2020 6:39 am    

Y'all travel safe. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Laney Hicks

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2020 2:41 pm    

Hello Friends,
Russ and I made it all the way to Texarkana from Nashville on Thursday evening when our cell phones began to ring with pleadings from our beloved daughters to reconsider going on into Dallas. Both Russ and I have recently been in the care of doctors, so to appease the girls, I made calls to those offices where we were advised to be safe and take the extra precautions of self quarantine.
We did not make our final decision instantly, or easily.
Quite honestly, we spent many miles heading westward discussing the good chance that we'd be just fine to keep our long awaited plans to be a part of that great Event...together again on a Stage we loved, with so many people we loved.

And neither of us wanted to let anyone down who was expecting and even depending on us in Dallas.

Let me just say emphatically that arriving together at the decision to comply with the medical authorities leading the Country in that hour, and the other voices of caring wisdom in our lives, and turning around, is still stabbing both of us in the heart. Nobody wanted to be in Dallas more than we did!

We drove all night to get back to Nashville. I haven't really stopped crying yet...it meant more than I can say, to me.

I know that those of you who were fortunate to be there had a wonderful time, and I know the music was over the top! I had already physically embraced you ALL in my mind.....so now I am missing you more than ever!

Asking the Lord to take care of us all through these trying times...until we meet again.

Love to all

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2020 2:53 pm    

Laney Hicks wrote:
Hello Friends,
Russ and I made it all the way to Texarkana from Nashville on Thursday evening when our cell phones began to ring with pleadings from our beloved daughters to reconsider going on into Dallas. Both Russ and I have recently been in the care of doctors, so to appease the girls, I made calls to those offices where we were advised to be safe and take the extra precautions of self quarantine.
We did not make our final decision instantly, or easily.
Quite honestly, we spent many miles heading westward discussing the good chance that we'd be just fine to keep our long awaited plans to be a part of that great Event...together again on a Stage we loved, with so many people we loved.

And neither of us wanted to let anyone down who was expecting and even depending on us in Dallas.

Let me just say emphatically that arriving together at the decision to comply with the medical authorities leading the Country in that hour, and the other voices of caring wisdom in our lives, and turning around, is still stabbing both of us in the heart. Nobody wanted to be in Dallas more than we did!

We drove all night to get back to Nashville. I haven't really stopped crying yet...it meant more than I can say, to me.

I know that those of you who were fortunate to be there had a wonderful time, and I know the music was over the top! I had already physically embraced you ALL in my mind.....so now I am missing you more than ever!

Asking the Lord to take care of us all through these trying times...until we meet again.

Love to all

Praying for both of you! Love you!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2020 3:42 pm    

Laney I understand your decision not to come. However, we did miss you and Russ. The show was great as usual and attendance was better than I expected. Hopefully next year it can happen where you will be here.

Craig Stock

Westfield, NJ USA
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2020 3:59 pm    

Wise decision considering the state of things now.

Maybe if the planets line up, you and Russ can make it to Norwalk in November, that would be great!

Stay well!

I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet.

Today is tomorrow's Good ol' days

bob drawbaugh

scottsboro, al. usa
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2020 5:40 pm    

Laney, you and Russ were missed very much. We were looking forward to seeing and hearing you both. But, I totally understand your decision. I’m hoping to see you both in the future. Praying God keeps you and us all safe.

Neil Lang

Albert Lea, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2020 9:19 am    

Laney, yes....you and Russ were missed more than words can say. However given all the circumstances....it was best to cancel. We look forward to the next opportunity we get to see & hear you do your magic!!! Please greet Russ for us.
Our Love,
Neil & Barb Lang

Laney Hicks

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2020 6:51 am    

Hi Paul, Craig, Bob, and Neil!
Good to hear from you guys, and thanks for the understanding and support.

Russ and I are doing what I'm sure all of our friends in this special community are doing now; just trying to abide by the suggested path to continued health for all of us, in the world.

Just want to reassure everyone that we are both FINE. The really thoughtful calls and email concerns about any issues that might be causing either of us additional worries are so appreciated. But, everything is good here.

We just both fall into the "high risk" category...and, we can thank AGE for most of that, can't we?

Everyone, take good care of yourselves, and each other.

How I hope that when we all get back to normal, we will find another opportunity to make Music together again.

Love,
Laney

Jeremy Drawbaugh

scottsboro, al usa
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2020 3:31 pm    

Laney,
I missed getting to see you both. And seeing you 2 on stage again. I have had the good fortune to play the Thursday showcase the last 3 years and this year due to a cancellation I got called to do a Saturday morning spot. I pray that you and Russ are well and that we will see you soon!!
BOSS DD-3 BOSS CHORUS EFFECT
NEUBAR REVERB
NASHVILLE 112/400
TELONICS VOLUME PEDAL
STEELER'S CHOICE PAK-A-SEAT

Laney Hicks

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2020 11:21 pm    

Jeremy!
You know it doesn't surprise me one bit that you're asked to play anywhere, anytime.....
you've always been a "winner" in my book!!! Winking

Hope to share the stage with you again, too, ourselves!

Rex Lindsey

Ellisville, MS USA
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2020 3:22 am     Russ Hicks

Take care of yourself. We did miss you but hopefully we can do it next year. My grand-son has "something " test is not back yet. Only thing more important than STEEL GUITARS is FAMILY.

MAY GOD BLESS AND KEEP US ALL.

Rex Lindsey

Ellisville, MS USA
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2020 3:23 am     Russ Hicks

Take care of yourself. We did miss you but hopefully we can do it next year. My grand-son has "something " test is not back yet. Only thing more important than STEEL GUITARS is FAMILY.

MAY GOD BLESS AND KEEP US ALL.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2020 6:08 am    

So Laney, here is the reason "my adopted son" Jeremy sounded so great in Dallas.

This is the same steel I used on our set at the Tri Cities show and John Hughey placed his hands on the strings and said "this is a keeper".

Jeremy was flying to Dallas and when he was able to get on the show, I offered my rig. Then we had a cancellation and Albert told me to "fix it". So I did, with Jeremy.

And he surely made me proud.

AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Laney Hicks

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2020 10:17 pm    

There is no better blessing than one given by John Hughey! I'm so glad, Bill, that you and Albert made a way for Jeremy to play. But, once you're on that stage, it's up to you to love what you're doing so much it comes across as uniquely yours, and connects to others. Way to go, Jeremy!

I was impressed with Jeremy during the "Operation Russless" contest. What pure fun that whole thing was! I also enjoyed having him on our Show!

I was so looking forward to Introducing Lloyd Green as "Alma McCoy" when we did "A Love Like This/ Nameless Shuffle" in Dallas....Mercy....

During all this "down time", Russ and I have been doing a lot of reminiscing. I'm amazed that neither of us seems to have lost a single memory of the many days on the Road, and the years we spent doing Steel Shows.

But we have laughed and laughed at the crazy antics of musicians playing tricks on each other....none more wonderful and insane than Operation Russless with the twisted humor of crazy Randy Beavers and his mega talented cohorts! I have to say, Russ was a good sport when it was revealed that all that "untapped new talent out there" was none other than his best buds in the Business!!!!!
But, you know there is no higher compliment than to be tormented by the best joke your pals can pull off. I think Russ knew that, because he loved the Big Show in St. Louis we all did together. He really did

I've never seen a closer Family than this one. Steelers love each other....and we love them.

Smile