The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Seismic Audio
Bill Duncan

Lenoir, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2020 5:53 am    

A friend left his 2 x 12 Seismic Audio speakers in a closed-back Seismic built cabinet with me to try after a picking session last Saturday. The speakers were solid with no breakup or distortion with my steel. I felt them to be on the bright side, when driven by my Session 400, but it could be the closed-back cabinet. The quality and price are very good. This is my first experience with Seismic equipment.

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2020 7:12 am    

Bill, any idea what speakers was in it? I know they make empty cabinets at a very low price point.

Bill Duncan

Lenoir, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2020 8:13 am    

Larry, I will ask Mike the model number. They are 250 watt I believe he said and he gave $69.00 each and $179.00 for the cabinet. Mike drives them with a Carvin V3 100 watt head tube amp. He uses the setup for his 1959 Country Gentleman. It actually makes a good combination sound-wise for him.

The setup sounds better to me with my C6 neck. The tenth string was tight and no distortion and the highs were very clear and clean. The E9 neck is too biting. As I said, I don't know if that is the speakers or the cabinet.

Tom Campbell

Houston, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2020 10:28 am    

I had a Seismic Audio bass cabinet and speaker a few years ago. At that time I was playing bass guitar...best sounding bass rig i ever played (I've played bass for over 50 years).

Ken Morgan

Midland, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2020 10:44 am    

Tom Campbell wrote:
I had a Seismic Audio bass cabinet and speaker a few years ago. At that time I was playing bass guitar...best sounding bass rig i ever played (I've played bass for over 50 years).

Do you recall which one, and the speaker component?

FWIW I get calls to gig with a band that has the built in plate amps in Seismic PA subs...wow!

Ken Morgan
Midland, TX

Travis Wilson

Johnson City, TX
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2020 5:15 am    

Pretty low end stuff. I had to manage a PA that used Seismic and I was none too impressed. The subs lacked low end, punchy but no real low end.

I would buy parts from them and do. I am impressed with their plate amps. But the speakers are just junk. You get what you pay for with these guys.

Tom Campbell

Houston, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2020 10:16 am    

Ken,

What I had was a semi-kit w/closed back. The speaker was a 15" "Knight" speaker (China) I had to mount the speaker and do the jack/wiring. Also had to install the front speaker cloth.
Guess you could say I got lucky and ended up with a great sounding bass cabinet.

David Nugent

Gum Spring, Va.
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2020 12:28 pm    

Currently using a 'Seismic' 2x12" cabinet purchased used from local Craigslist. Cabinet itself is fairly well built but speaker baffle is garbage, may end up replacing it.

Ken Morgan

Midland, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2020 1:43 pm    

Tom Campbell wrote:
Ken,

What I had was a semi-kit w/closed back. The speaker was a 15" "Knight" speaker (China) I had to mount the speaker and do the jack/wiring. Also had to install the front speaker cloth.
Guess you could say I got lucky and ended up with a great sounding bass cabinet.

Thank you kindly!

Ken Morgan
Midland, TX