The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Larry Toliver Beginner E9th and No Pedal seminars at Dallas
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 8 Feb 2020 9:24 pm    

Hello fellow steelers,
Once again, here is a quick bit of news about the classes I'll be holding at the Dallas Steel Show 2020.
No Pedal Beginner seminar is Thursday the 12th, 9am til noon. $35 cost.

E9th Beginner seminar is Friday the 13th, 9am til noon. $35 cost

Both seminars will have up close teaching, and any and all questions answered. I will have tablature booklets with songs, exercises, scales, improvisations, lots of favorite licks, etc. There are cd's with the songs performed so you can hear how they should sound, and tracks so you can practice along with them.

This year, we have been asked to give $5 dollars from each person that registers in the classes to go back to the Texas Steel Guitar Association. This will hopefully help them to defray some of their costs.

Also, I have quite a few students that have taken this beginner class for several years. They keep coming back year after year, and this is wonderful. I promise I will have some new material for you in there as well. Here is one of my new songs that will be included in the class, tab booklet, and cds. This is a short video of me playing a little bit of Hogan's Dream that Lloyd Green played at the St. Louis Show in both 1993 and 1995. i took portions of both versions and played the parts that I like best from both of them. I did have a little bobble at the end...LOL.

https://youtu.be/2tbhNtCptGU

As always, please email me or call me for any questions about the seminars. If you think you are coming, please let me know...so I'll have enough materials to cover all of the students. Once, about 3 years ago...I had like 43 students show up. My wife Susie was making copies and booklets as fast as she could.

Travis Toy

Nashville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2020 10:15 pm    

If you’ll have me, I’ll try to poke my head in and teach a bonus lick. Haha!

-t

Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 9 Feb 2020 9:34 am    

Of Course, that would be a highlight for everyone in the room. See you then.
LT

Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 26 Feb 2020 5:32 am    

I've just decided last minute to add another song to the Beginners class. It will be the Hank Williams standard...I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry. It also is not too hard for the beginner, with very little bar movement in many parts, easy string grips, and lots of use of the pedals to get the changes. I'll try to post a little piece of it later 2nite. We've received about 15 emails and calls with people reserving spots and it looks to be a nice class. I always get quite a few that don't call or reserve. Please let me know if you would like to reserve a spot. See Y'all in Dallas!
LT

Richard Ingley

Bowie, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2020 11:47 pm    

TTT

Richard Ingley

Bowie, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2020 5:52 pm    

TTT

Richard Ingley

Bowie, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2020 6:35 pm