The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Strings. SOLD please close
Howard Steinberg

St. Petersburg, Florida , USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2020 8:03 am    

As many of you know I’ve been assisting a friend with liquidating a bunch of steel guitar related accessories from an estate that he inherited. With the accessories came a large quantity of strings both pedal and non pedal sets. As I’m anticipating selling the 60 or so guitars, in the estate, thus I’m holding on to the non pedal sets.

As I’ve already sold the only PSG in the estate, I have 21 sets of strings that I can sell.
I promised myself that I wasn’t going to do this, but maybe someone may want them. These strings are in their original plastic outer envelope. I’m going through each set to make certain that all of the strings are present. I’m pulling out 1 or 2 of the plain strings looking for rust. I don’t have the time to thoroughly inspect each string

Prices are low and strings are sold as is. It’s risk/return, with no returns. I did put a set of Cobra Coils, from this batch, onto an LDG that I sold a couple of months ago. Everything sounded and felt fine to me.

Right now I have available 4 sets of Cobra Coil E9 and 2 sets of Cobra Coil C6. It does not say anywhere whether they are nickel or stainless. There is a little tarnish that I could see on the plain strings but no rust that I observed. The Cobra Coils are $5./set plus $8.
Shipping. Paypal F&F for payment. I really can’t deal with unhappy customers. Again, If you are not comfortable with the risk, this probably isn’t for you.

Here is a list of everything that I have. As stated before, I’ve only gone through the Cobra Coils to this point.

(4) Cobra Coil E9 Custom Sets
(2) Cobra Coil C6 Premium Sets
(1) George L’s E9 Stainless
(2) SIT SHO C6 Stainless
(1) SIT SHO E9 Stainless
(1) Emmons Nickel E9
(1) George L’s C6 Stainless
(2) GHS C6 Nickel
(1) Bill Lawrence E9
(2) SIT Scotty’s Official Power Flat E9 Nickel
(3) SIT Scotty’s Official Power Flat C6 Nickel
(1) Jagwire Lloyd Green E9 Stainless

If anyone is interested in a bigger risk, you can have everything for $75., shipped. This assumes that I’m not going to check any of the string sets other than what I’ve already inspected.

Last edited by Howard Steinberg on 23 Feb 2020 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Dave Meis

Olympic Peninsula, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2020 10:51 am    

Are the C Coil E9's SS or nickel?

Howard Steinberg

Post  Posted 16 Feb 2020 11:36 am    

None of the packages say what they are. If I had to venture a guess, I’d say stainless steel.

Dave Meis

Olympic Peninsula, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2020 11:53 am    

Thanks! 😃

Rick Contino

Brattleboro, Vermont
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2020 1:26 pm    

I will take them all. Pm sent.

Howard Steinberg

Post  Posted 18 Feb 2020 6:24 am    

Rick - It appears that the PM's that I've sent haven't been delivered. I sent another PM and email, this morning.

Howard Steinberg

Post  Posted 19 Feb 2020 7:09 am    

Rick - PM and email sent yesterday still show as undelivered. Please contact me so that we can complete transaction. No worries if you’ve changed your mind. Just let me know. Howard

Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2020 7:57 am    

Howard,Interesting thing,Even new the plain strings from Cobra Coil were a blackish color,So that's probably what you're seeing?
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

Howard Steinberg

Post  Posted 19 Feb 2020 8:25 am    

Hey Stu - That could be the case. This is my first exposure to these strings. Mostly I was focusing on rust spots that would make the strings problematic to move the bar smoothly.

Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2020 11:33 am    

Howard,When I lived in Alaska my friend Larry Allen used to buy Cobra Coils from Bobby Seymour,and he said that all of the plain strings came in that dark color but swore that they weren't tarnished,He gave me some G#s and they were fine.
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

Howard Steinberg

Post  Posted 21 Feb 2020 7:51 am    

Rick Contino wrote:
I will take them all. Pm sent.

Rick - Sorry to have to do this on the forum. It doesn’t appear that PMs or emails are getting to you. Please contact me and let me know if you would still like these strings. No worries if you’ve changed your mind.