The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  C6 POCKETS-Pickin Pockets Lesson
Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2020 12:04 pm    

C6 Pockets-Lesson
PICKIN POCKETS

Audio MP3 files on CD with tab. $35.00 plus $2.00 Shipping. PayPal Friends & Family at steelpix@att.net

QUICK SAMPLE CLICK HERE

Through the years we’ve heard that players like Buddy Emmons and others have had their favorite “pockets” that they’d play on the C6 neck. This helped them to maneuver the neck playing single note passages over many tunes. I also have my favorites.

These all can be played over many standard chords and also linked together. They help you to get started with your adlib passages and can even be linked together if wanted. They can be played over a ONE chord, Two, FOUR, FIVE, SIX and so on as you get the idea. Just transpose! It helps you to learn your neck too.

A POCKET can also be considered a “LICK” but we all tend to call these “POCKETS” of notes.

There are 13 pockets that will keep you on your toes for many years to come. There are many more pockets, but this will give you a head start in your ARSENAL of pockets to use. I wrote and recorded all of them in the Key of F.

The Copedent is a very basic one that everybody uses on the standard C6 tuning. Pedal 5 and 6, plus the knee lever that lowers your 3rd string C a halftone. The one on this tab has a nomenclature of RL (right knee going left). Yours maybe on a different knee.

Have fun with them, memorize them using them whenever you can fit them in. Practice with a rhythm track and build up your execution and speed. Let them inspire you to make your own “POCKETS” you can pick from.

By the way, C6 & E9th courses are still available as follows:

C6
KING OF THE ROAD C6

RELEASE ME & CRAZY ARMS C6

I LOVE YOU BECAUSE C6

E9th Speed Pockets

First lesson

SECOND LESSON

LESSON 3

Regards,
Ron Hogan
Nashville, TN