The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Help please.. suddenly I cant see the entire line on forum ?
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2020 7:05 am    

Just yesterday, I noticed that I can no longer see the entire content of the forum at one time...I have to scroll to the right to see more content. I am assuming I accidentally changed a display setting, but I cant figure out how to set it back to its default...can someone help me with this please ? Thanks in advance.
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Jim Fogle

North Carolina, Winston-Salem, USA
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2020 8:49 am     Browser Zoom

Larry,

You may have accidentally used the browser Zoom level.

You can change the browser zoom level by using a two key combination on your computer keyboard or by changing the zoom level in your browser settings.

Press the "Control" (Ctrl) and "Minus" (-) keys at the same time to make the browser image smaller.

Press the "Control" (Ctrl) and "Plus" (+) keys at the same time to make the browser image larger.

Below are screen shots showing the zoom setting locations from the browsers Firefox and Chrome.

Cakewalk by Bandlab Computer DAW
Zoom MRS-8 8 Track Hardware DAW

Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2020 9:31 am    

It happens intermittently and seems like a random thing for me. Today, for example, in this thread https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=286728&highlight= I have to scroll right to see the full text in each comment. And the print seems smaller. But, every other thread, including others in the Steel Without Pedals section, so far is normal. I figure it’s just a quirk with the site’s configuration or the server or whatever. If it was a problem with every thread, I would suspect something at my end.

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2020 10:02 am    

Sometimes, if someone posts a really long link, as in the post Fred linked to, the text for the link will extend past the visible part of the browser window, making it necessary to scroll right and left. I've seen it happen with huge pictures too. You can't correct it if someone does that, that I know of.

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2020 10:28 am    

Thanks guys that seemed to help the problem...and you are right it is different for different threads...depends on how it was posted. Thanks for everyones help !
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Jim Fogle

North Carolina, Winston-Salem, USA
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2020 5:42 pm     What Browser Are You Using?

Hi Larry,

I'm glad to read the problem doesn't happen all the time. It's interesting it only happens when a post is lengthy or has a large photo embedded in a post.

I haven't experienced the issue in this forum but I've experienced the same issue in another forum. I've found that I can switch browsers and the alternate browser doesn't experience the issue.

What browser do you normally use? Have you tried looking at some of the threads that are too big with another browser?

My primary browser is Firefox but this laptop also has Chrome as a backup. I updated this computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and Edge came along as part of the upgrade but I haven't opened Edge yet.
Cakewalk by Bandlab Computer DAW
Zoom MRS-8 8 Track Hardware DAW

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2020 7:07 pm    

Jim
I use google chrome and I havent tried another browser but I will do that and see what happens...never thought about that...thanks for your help !