The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  West Coast Lap steel just arrived ! :)
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2020 11:12 am    

Just yesterday I got this West Coast lap steel that I purchased from a fellow forumite, Tom Campbell. It arrived in 2 days, was packed wonderfully, and is a real delight to play. I restrung the steel using John Ely's A6th string gauge recommendations and to my ears, it sounds great ! The steel is in perfect condition and I am having a ball playing along with backing tracks I have accumulated over the years from Doug Beaumier and biab, etc. I dont know why I laid off lap steel for the last year, but I did...I guess I was just busy plaiyng Chet style guitar, or chord melody guitar, or classical guitar, or (gulp) the 5 string banjo ! Anyway, wanted to say thanks Tom for selling me this steel and doing such a great job packing it. Highly recommend Tom !

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=353533&sid=403cb3e376535201e4832bc26921ed2b
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Bill Groner

QUAKERTOWN, PA
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2020 12:50 pm    

This is the kind of LS that Kay Das plays isn't it? Nice looking axe Larry. I'll bet it sounds great. Very Happy