The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Too many
Russell Adkins

Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2020 4:54 pm    

*I have a 14 string universal steel and after looking at playng triads on a single fret I have found that there is at least 12 different ways to play a certain chord on that single fret , I was just amazed I had to tell someone , try it yourself play c e g and see how many ways to play it at the eigth fret. 14/13/11 13/12/11 12/11/10 7/6/5 9/10/11 14/10/11 4/5/6 9/7/6 etc etc there is always something to learn I guess those three notes c e and g make a c chord , root on top bottom or middle dosent make any difference plus there is the arpeggio effect that can be played one note at a time simply amazing to me. Im sure its old stuff to some but learning simple things to me is a very good thing .

Jack Goodson

new brockton,alabama (deceased)
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2020 6:09 pm     chords?

russ, sounds like u r having fun. i remember something that julian tharpe told me one time.we were discussing different styles of music and i said i wish i could play some of the stuff ne was playing. he told me something that has stuck with me over the years, he said it don,t matter what music u play that there is only seven notes, just a lot of ways to connect the dots....thanks jack

Russell Adkins

Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2020 7:59 pm    

It is all fun Jack yes indeed Very Happy