The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  MSA S-12 Classic – Extended E9th – Emmons setup
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2020 7:56 am    

I got this guitar in a trade 2 or 3 years ago and just recently had time to finish the restoration. It is set up as an extended E9th, with Emmons ABC pedals and a Franklin pedal in the first position. (A picture of the pedal/lever setup is included) A previous owner did a few modifications to it which doesn't effect the looks or functions. They added some screws to the end plates which really weren't needed. There is also a 1/4" tapped hole in the front of each end plate, I assume they had a music stand or some other accessory attached there. I put polished stainless screws in these holes to make it look good, but they could be removed if you wanted to attach something to them. They also added small screws to the binding at the bottom of the front apron, I switched these out to polished stainless screws also. The 5th pedal is not currently hooked up, but I put two bellcranks on the cross shaft and I will include two pull rods and collars so the buyer can experiment or add some other change if they want. It has a George L's 12-5 pickup on it which has a 6 position switch to give 6 different coil combinations, even though the literature says it provides 5 different sounds. It also has the original tone and volume controls. The legs that came with it were in pretty bad shape, so I put on a set of almost new legs I had in my shop. It shined up nicely as you can see in the pictures. There are still a lot of MSA parts out there both original and reproductions, so this guitar could be set up for E9/B6, Bb 6th, or any other tuning you want to experiment with.

The case is the original high impact plastic case and is in good condition, the handle is good and all of the latches and hinges work fine. These cases originally had a plastic tray that sat on top of the guitar body, which held the pedal bar and legs. These didn't last long before they cracked and fell apart. This was missing when I got the guitar, but, I built a wooden tray to replace it and padded it with speaker carpet, it should be better than the original. I put a cutout handle in the middle divider to make it easier to lift in and out of the case.

I used all original MSA parts on this guitar, I'm asking $1650 plus shipping for it. I will take Paypal.

MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Derial Lutz

Pflugerville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2020 10:20 am     Re: MSA S-12 Classic – Extended E9th – Emmons setup

I sent you two emails.
Thanks Derial Lutz

Derial Lutz

Pflugerville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2020 10:21 am     Re: MSA S-12 Classic – Extended E9th – Emmons setup

I sent you two emails.
Thanks Derial Lutz

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2020 10:53 am    

I just saw them and replied.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2020 10:56 am    

I just saw them and replied.

Junior Knight

Eustace Texas..paddle faster..I hear Banjos...
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2020 4:13 pm    

Looks great sir!
texsteelman2@yahoo.com

Jagwire Strings
Facebook/ Junior Knight, Steel Guitar

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2020 7:08 pm    

Thanks Junior, I put a lot of work into it.

David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2020 7:39 am    

Look's GREAT, !!!!!!!, You can bet it plays as good it l@@ks!!..Darvin does great work...

Chris Willingham

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2020 2:44 pm    

Beautiful guitar Darvin!

2021 MSA Legend XL Signature S10 5X6 brown burst
Beard Josh Swift Sig, the purple one
Lap King Rodeo
p2p Bad Dawg 1x12, Quilter TT12 and a bunch of fiddles

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2020 12:29 pm    

This guitar is sold.