The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Musicians in Nashville robbed at gunpoint
Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2019 7:02 pm    

Musicians Robbed in Nashville

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2019 7:59 pm    

That's why I have this strapped to me where ever and when even I go anywhere>
1911 Kimber .45

(and yes I have a licence and carry permit and have been target practicing all guns since I was 8 years old>50 years ago.)
Ricky

Last edited by Ricky Davis on 30 Dec 2019 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lee Warren

Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2019 8:01 pm    

Depressing news.

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2019 8:26 pm    

Ricky Davis wrote:
1911 Kimber .45

Ricky

Now THATS a gun!,,,

I admire anyone that can carry a full size 1911..
I am more of a "mouse gun" kind of guy.
Its funny, I played decade after decade, in hundreds of dumps and hellholes, and never carried, or even thought about it.
Then I retired from live performing. live a quiet life in a very safe no crime area, and carry everywhere, even just running down to the Dollar general in town..

The world has changed for the worse my friends, and safety is not guaranteed anywhere at any time for anyone.
Many musicians are peaceful, creative and typically gentle, thoughtful souls. Makes them a pretty good target for evil.
My wife got her carry permit LONG before I did, maybe 12 years ago.. Then one day, I took these words to heart, because they are true..
"When seconds count, the police are minutes away"
Sad to say, in this violent modern age, many otherwise peaceful, gentle people feel the need , and are justified in arming themselves to provide for the safety of themselves, their loved ones, and innocent souls nearby them.

I did not get a gun until well into my 50's.. Now i have many, and carry during all waking hours.. I haven't changed , the world did. I so wish it was not so...
Personal protection is everyone's individual responsibility, and right.

The police cannot protect individuals from one on one violence or robbery/assault.. All they can do is come and secure the scene after the crime happens, and ask questions.. I know its not a popular subject on a musicians site, but I'm with Ricky on this one..

Even at church where I strum open chords on an acoustic/electric with a little praise team as my only "live performance" venue, I am armed as is my wife, and probably 4 or 5 others sitting in the pews.. It was NOT that way for most of our lives, but is now.. Makes me sad , but thats the new reality. I hope and pray for better days ahead... Meantime, personal safety, sadly is up to the individual... bob

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2019 8:33 pm    

Yeah few years ago; me and couple other musicians sleeping in hotel room(they are drunk; but I don't drink) and a piece of crap breaks in our room while we are sleeping; he walked around looking for stuff to steal; turned everything over...didn't find anything; but he had my .45 pointed at his head the whole time while I watched. He never saw me or pointed a gun at me; so HE LIVED....went back out of the sliding porch door...and I went back to sleep with nobody in my room hurt or robbed.
Ricky

Mitch Ellis

Collins, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2019 9:51 pm    

A very good post, Bob. Nothing but the truth.

Mitch

Garry Vanderlinde

CA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2019 12:31 am     Re: Musicians in Nashville robbed at gunpoint

Crying or Very sad

Dave Diehl

Mechanicsville, MD, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2019 7:13 am    

I'm with Ricky. They need to carry away something in lieu of equipment.... if they're able to leave.

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2019 7:21 am    

The newsfeed said they're going to have "increased police presence on weekends"? Geeze, the Broadway music strip is such a tiny area. Why can't they just station an officer or two there 24/7/365?

Crime will totally ruin a tourist area. I've seen that happen right here in Baltimore. The city's a cesspool, and most people "in the know" now avoid it completely.

Dustin Rigsby

Parts Unknown, Ohio
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2019 7:58 am    

Unfortunately in modern society in the U.S. there aren’t legal,moral,nor social deterrents to this type of behavior. Thus, the citizens are left no alternative but to defend themselves with deadly force from those who would rob them of their God given right of the pursuit of happiness. I take no pleasure in that statement. None the less, it is the truth.

Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2019 8:05 am    

Being that I play on Broadway from time to time, this is what I see.

Many times you can see a guitar/bass players walking to the parking garages several blocks away. Not always around a lot of people at times. It would be easy to pull up fast, poke your gun out of the window demanding the guitar you're carrying, speeding off.

Mike Bowles

Princeton, West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2019 8:06 am     robbery

its a shame but this is what the world is coming too only gonna get worse

Brooks Montgomery

Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2019 8:21 am    

Dustin Rigsby wrote:
Unfortunately in modern society in the U.S. there aren’t legal,moral,nor social deterrents to this type of behavior. Thus, the citizens are left no alternative but to defend themselves with deadly force from those who would rob them of their God given right of the pursuit of happiness. I take no pleasure in that statement. None the less, it is the truth.

I’m not disagreeing with you, but when has it been any different? I don’t recall any era in our nation (or in western civilization for that matter) when over-growing populations converge with the haves, have nots, scumbags, and the pious, that there hasn’t been a smorgasbord of crimes, thefts, and swindles.

We just have 24/7 news coverage of it now.

Charley Bond

Inola, OK, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2019 9:05 am     Guns to be Gone in Virginia

One of my friends sent me this video. It is about Guns going away in Virginia... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk_md3j5YZg&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0D61RA_j1paWTVshC0Mb4Os1Zpz-6Hyyv0GRcQNvU7fRYgPE8He3cF5Ho

If it can happen in Virginia, It can happen across the Nation

Joe Biden says he will put Obama on the Supreme Court if elected president.

George Crickmore

Myrtle Beach South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2019 10:09 am    

Ricky Davis wrote:
1911 Kimber .45

(and yes I have a licence and carry permit and have been target practicing all guns since I was 8 years old>50 years ago.)
Ricky

Is that your side arm pictured? If so it hasn't seen much range time.

Dustin Rigsby

Parts Unknown, Ohio
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2019 10:10 am    

Brooks Montgomery wrote:
Dustin Rigsby wrote:

I’m not disagreeing with you, but when has it been any different? I don’t recall any era in our nation (or in western civilization for that matter) when over-growing populations converge with the haves, have nots, scumbags, and the pious, that there hasn’t been a smorgasbord of crimes, thefts, and swindles.

We just have 24/7 news coverage of it now.

I wanted to be more specific, but political rants are not allowed on the forum. I know that we have a 24/7 news cycle now. Just in my hometown, the level of depravity is more elevated now than I can ever recall. There’s a huge difference between stealing food because you’re hungry and stealing a persons work implements because you need drugs/booze, which is partially the reason for these types of crimes. It’s like we’re living in the lawless Wild West all over again, with the James-Younger gang turned into heroes instead of the no good thieves that they really were. YMMV

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2019 10:23 am    

Topic closed.