The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Melissa has turned "Jeffran College" into a "Fraud"
Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2019 8:47 am    

John Bumbarger wrote:
I contacted Melissa by email and told her I was filing a complaint with the Tennessee Attorney General's office. I received a return email which was as I perceived nasty to me for even suggesting that I would contact the Attorney General. She has taken me for the picks, promised refund-none, course I ordered, received nothing and the from the posts on the forum a lot of other people did not receive their merchandise.About a year ago I was able to talk to her and I told her she needed to communicate with her customers if she was having problems. No response from her. The complaint went out Thursday 11-21-19. I'll see what happens. It's not the $69 but the lack of communication

Well, bless her little heart! How dare you want your money back! You have money and she doesn't, so give her yours. LOL!! If at all possible, please let me know how it turns out. I wish you all the luck in the world!

John Bumbarger

Houtzdale, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2019 4:10 pm    

I received a note from PAYPAL where they are refunding the $39.00 for the course I didn't get.They got no information from Jeffran Music. I am still owed $30.00 for the picks. No response from Attorney General yet.

Lynn Fargo

Fort Edward, NY
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2019 6:29 am    

Good for you! They refunded my whole $99 payment a few months ago because she didn't respond, and I actually received part of the order! She is definitely not a business woman.

John Bumbarger

Post  Posted 29 Nov 2019 5:08 am    

Jeffran College has a new web page called Jeffran.shop
Get 30% off any DVD course bought 11/29/19. the title of the email is "We are thankful for you" I got my money from PAYPAL, but have never received my picks or a refund. We will see what the TN Attorney General Does
Can you believe this?

John Bumbarger

Post  Posted 29 Nov 2019 1:49 pm    

Got a email today with a ad "We are Thankful for You.
offering 30% off any DVD course. New website called Jeffranshop.com for Jeffran College

John Macy

Rockport TX/Denver CO
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2019 9:50 pm    

You’d think some of us would get “we’re thankful of you for giving us money that we don’t have to give you product for” emails....

Ian Rae

Redditch, England
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2019 1:42 am    

I'm a bystander in all this, and it looks from a distance like a classic case of a business passing via moral pressure into the hands of someone who lacks the acumen to make it work.

There's an obvious parallel with Lashley Jr.

Darrell Criswell

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2019 7:33 pm    

Ian Rae wrote:
I'm a bystander in all this, and it looks from a distance like a classic case of a business passing via moral pressure into the hands of someone who lacks the acumen to make it work.

There's an obvious parallel with Lashley Jr.

The reports I have read on this website aren't mismanagement, they are fraud and theft.

John Bumbarger

Post  Posted 12 Dec 2019 6:04 am    

Received email Yesterday: Last week to purchase courses for guaranteed delivery for Christmas. CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?

john buffington

Owasso OK - USA
Post  Posted 12 Dec 2019 7:03 am    

Yes John, I too got the same email, Jeff would be spinning in his grave if he knew this!

John Bumbarger

Post  Posted 12 Dec 2019 7:21 am    

After talking to my attorney,the Tennessee Attorney General probably isn't going to do anything unless the other ones who have had problems with Jeffran Music make a claim. $30.00 isn't going to spur them on to investigate and waste their time because of one claim. I may be wrong. It's not that hard to print out complaint form and send in. I wish more forum members to would also complain. I thought long and hard about doing it,but in the end I'm tired of being ripped off.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 12 Dec 2019 9:44 am    

John Bumbarger wrote:
After talking to my attorney,the Tennessee Attorney General probably isn't going to do anything unless the other ones who have had problems with Jeffran Music make a claim. $30.00 isn't going to spur them on to investigate and waste their time because of one claim. I may be wrong. It's not that hard to print out complaint form and send in. I wish more forum members to would also complain. I thought long and hard about doing it,but in the end I'm tired of being ripped off.

John,
I finally got my money back through PAYPAL, but she knows how to play the system. I hope everything works out for you. If I can help in ANY way, just let me know.

George Crickmore

Myrtle Beach South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 19 Dec 2019 6:30 am    

Stuff like this is terrible. It's already hard enough to get decent instruction. Jeff's stuff is a massive help to beginners. A lot of those older courses are fantastic. Thankfully Paul Franklin and others are putting stuff out there now. However it is hard to get U-12 instruction.

John Bumbarger

Post  Posted 23 Dec 2019 6:49 am    

I can' believe it . Got a email of Christmas specials from Jeffran music. She was offering delivery buy Christmas. New website Jeffran.shop. This crazy. Still waiting to hear from Tennessee Attorney General

J R Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2019 8:43 pm    

Years back I brought a number of things from Jeff and all went well. Not so now with Melissa Greer. A few months back I ordered some things from her and it was a disaster. Some of the items were never sent and the Tabs I did get were short about half the pages. Of course I was still getting mail from her with all the sales stuff. At that time I begin to see a lot of unhappy forum members and their post. I sent her a e-mail telling her I did not want to here from her anymore and to take me off her mailing list. I also did the unsubscribe button too. I guess she got it because I have not got anything else. It stopped like the next day. So that tells me she was getting mail, just selecting the ones she wanted to reply to. I would agree with others here that she his a THIEF. I am very sadden for Jeff and Fran and what her actions have caused. I have no respect for her. J.R Rose

John Bumbarger

Post  Posted 24 Jan 2020 8:53 am    

I'm still getting emails about Jeffran courses. I also got a letter from the Tennessee Attorney General's office stating they tried to contact Jeffran Music but received no response. They suggested I contact an attorney. I don't think that's going to happen for $30.
I figured nothing ( only one complaint ) would happen so they said my cased was closed. I got my refund from PAYPAL. She only got me for the picks. She's Playing the system. BEWARE if you plan to buy.

John Bumbarger

Post  Posted 12 Feb 2020 2:17 pm    

I received another email today about Valentine Specials from Jeffran Music . Is anyone else getting these emails? Why is this still going on? It has a picture of Jeff and Fran and quotes Bible verses.Hard to believe

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2020 3:45 pm    

John Bumbarger wrote:
I'm still getting emails about Jeffran courses. I also got a letter from the Tennessee Attorney General's office stating they tried to contact Jeffran Music but received no response. They suggested I contact an attorney. I don't think that's going to happen for $30.

There must be a Forumite who's an attorney and who'd be happy to write her a letter pro bono?

Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2020 6:58 am    

Just curious,,,is Melissa Jeff/Fran's daughter,,,or grand daughter?

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2020 6:59 am    

Granddaughter

Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2020 8:29 am    

Thanks Jim,,,wasn't Jeff's daughter married to a forum member,,,,(?) Kornacker I think,,for a time?

Darrell Criswell

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2020 5:17 pm    

Do people think there are many people who order from her website that aren't forum members? I am just trying to get a feel as to whether she is making a fair amount of money by frauding people or just an occasional few bucks.

Keith Bolog

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2020 6:55 am    

This is just a knee jerk observation. I did not see that anyone had a verbal conversation with the accused, by phone, or in person.

Are you guys sure that you are actually corresponding with Melissa? Im asking because when I go to the web site jeffran.com its more like a travel agency with a phishing pop up. Jeffran.shop looks easy enough to fake too (© 2023 is it?), knowing theres an occasional sucker out there, recreating the old web site from the files.

Is it possible someone else entirely is acting as 'Melissa', hijacked the abandoned domain(s) sitting in some Ukranian log cabin to whom $69.00 is the average monthly wage?

Of course Melissa herself must have caught wind of this by now so I am not defending her, just saying something else stinks.

Brooks Montgomery

Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2020 8:18 am    

Pretty sure she can’t use the now popular Ukrainian excuse.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2020 8:46 am    

Keith Bolog wrote:

Is it possible someone else entirely is acting as 'Melissa', hijacked the abandoned domain(s) sitting in some Ukranian log cabin to whom $69.00 is the average monthly wage?

Well, the thing is, occasionally someone says they received an order from her, which went through the website, I believe. so it must be functioning at least minimally.