The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Clyde Bloodworth
Chuck Campbell

Manassas, VA, USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2019 7:21 am    

It is with much sadness that I announce the passing of Clyde Bloodworth, one of my dearest friends of 55 years, Clyde passed Sunday Nov 17th in Chancellor, Alabama. He was a very accomplished Steel player. The Steel Guitar was his passion. I first met him in Warner Robins Georgia about 1964. We would both end up in the Washington DC (Northern Virginia) area where our friendship grew as we played music in bands together and separately. At this time arrangements are incomplete.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2019 8:07 am    

I am very sorry to learn of Clyde's passing. I always enjoyed talking with him at steel shows and got worried several years ago when he stopped attending. I remembered he was from Chancellor and tracked him down early this year and reached him by phone. He could converse but no longer recalled anything about having been involved with steel guitar. It was pretty sad then and sadder now. My condolences to his family and friends.

Jack Goodson

new brockton,alabama (deceased)
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2019 8:23 am     clyde

clyde lived about 20 miles from me. we used to run into each other at walmart fairly often before he got worse. i will miss him and will miss his playing....rip....jack

Steve Leonard

Bristol,VA.,U.S.A
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2019 6:19 pm    

So sorry to hear of Clyde's passing. He was one of the most amiable people I have ever met. Great steel player too. Praying for his family.

Jack Goodson

new brockton,alabama (deceased)
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2019 6:41 pm     arrangements

visitation will be at 1 pm wednesday nov 20, and service will be at 2 pm. will be held at pittman funeral home in geneva, alabama. if u wish to send flowers, etc u canfind all the info online....jack

Donna Dodd

Acworth, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2019 8:42 am    

So sorry to hear of Clyde's passing.
- from movie Six Degrees of Separation

Come visit my steel guitar store on CafePress! http://www.cafepress.com/zoomwithaview
Webmaster, http://www.georgiasteelguitar.com

Tony Dingus

Kingsport, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2019 7:24 pm    

Praying for his Family.

Tony

Bill Nicholson

South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2019 7:33 pm    

So sorry to hear about Clyde's passing. He was a great player and loved the C neck and played it well. He came to the earlier Georgia shows as a "Ga" player and I enjoyed his selection of songs for the steel...I remember his neat version of "Watermelon Man"...

Pete Finney

Nashville Tn.
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2019 11:59 am    

Sorry to hear this...

I never knew Clyde well, and hadn't talked to him in many years, but he made a big impression on me when I was starting out in the the Washington area in the mid-70s. He was the first person I ever saw play the full-on Chalker chord style, and he was really, really good at it (Buddy Charleton always spoke very highly of Clyde's playing). He was always friendly and encouraging when I was around him, which meant a lot to a novice coming from a seriously experienced player.

The first really good steel I ever owned was a D-10 push-pull that I bought from Clyde in about 1975. I sold it to Tommy Detamore a few years later (I probably should have kept it!).

RIP, Clyde. Thanks for all the inspiration.

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2019 1:50 pm    

So sorry to hear of Clydes passing, peace and prayers to his family and friends.

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website

Mike Headrick

South Pittsburg, TN, USA
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2019 5:32 am    

Clyde was indeed a great player. I first met him at the 2nd Choo Choo reunion in Chattanooga and had the pleasure of playing guitar behind him on his set. He played with so much soul! He had a ton of blues in his C6th style and I loved it. We remained fiends, and I always enjoyed seeing him in Dallas. I considered him among the most unique players I've heard.

Tommy Detamore

Floresville, Texas
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2019 5:14 pm    

Pete Finney wrote:

The first really good steel I ever owned was a D-10 push-pull that I bought from Clyde in about 1975. I sold it to Tommy Detamore a few years later (I probably should have kept it!).

Pete I was thinking that Clyde owned that guitar and almost posted about it but wasn’t 100% sure. Thanks for confirming. That was the second steel I ever owned, and my first D-10.

www.cherryridgestudio.com
www.steelguitartracksonline.com