The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  What Cable For M-Audio Delta REV-D PCI Sound Card?
James Quillian

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2019 1:17 pm    

M-Audio Delta REV-D PCI Sound Card

Does anyone know if this soundcard will work with a standard M-Audio cable and break out box?

Also, does anyone know how it may have been used and what software works with it?

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2019 2:22 am    

James I am thinking that the DELTA cable would be based on how many ins and outs the PCI card allows . The Delta series has a 2 in 2 out, 4 in 4 out and a 10 in 10 out. Audio, not including Digital sends/returns . I own a 2 x 2 and a 4 x 4, the 2 x 2 doesn't use a cable or breakout box, , the 4 x 4 does use the cable with the 4 x 4 breakout box as does the 10 x 10.

My hunch is if the in's and outs are equal, its the same cable. good luck!

t

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website

James Quillian

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2019 6:43 am    

Tony, Thanks.

There are boat loads of these sound cards for sale. Not a soul who is selling them knows what kind of cable they need. They know nothing else about them either.

I have no idea what they are taken out of. I finally found an image of one that shows where the cable connects. It has the same number of pins as the Delta 66 and Delta 44. So, I am guessing the same cables will work.

I just picked one up on Ebay for $13. I figure at that price, it is easier just to try it than to spend a lot of time searching for information.

For all I know Rev-D might just be the name given to either the Delta 66 or Delta 44 sound card in the same product sold overseas or something.

These sound cards are not free but they are pretty close.

Tony Prior wrote:
James I am thinking that the DELTA cable would be based on how many ins and outs the PCI card allows . The Delta series has a 2 in 2 out, 4 in 4 out and a 10 in 10 out. Audio, not including Digital sends/returns . I own a 2 x 2 and a 4 x 4, the 2 x 2 doesn't use a cable or breakout box, , the 4 x 4 does use the cable with the 4 x 4 breakout box as does the 10 x 10.

My hunch is if the in's and outs are equal, its the same cable. good luck!

t

Ian Worley

Sacramento, CA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2019 1:46 pm    

That card is for a Delta 44, it's pretty useless without the cable and breakout box. There are plenty of them out there, most will probably come with the card too. The cable is just a standard M-F 15 pin D-sub. I wouldn't pay too much, it's only 4in-4out interface. There is a Win 7 driver on the M-Audio website, it may or may not work on Win 10.

If you're in the market, I have a Delta 1010 I would sell real cheap. It's a great, fast interface if you have 'puter with a PCI slot, but it has the same driver caveat mentioned above (the Delta interfaces all use the same driver). It has a rack mount breakout box, 8in-8out plus midi and stereo spdif in-out on the card. The cable for it is a standard 25 pin D-sub parallel cable. They also had a simpler version, the Delta 1010LT, it had just a fantail cable and no box.

James Quillian

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2019 2:26 pm    

Ian
The info about the Delta 44 is quite helpful. I have plenty of the M-Audio cables and breakout boxes.

I already have a fine Delta 66 that is working great. I have used it since 1999. So far I haven't found a thing that works better. So, I stick with it. I never record over two tracks at a time. So it is all I need.

The sound cards are selling for about $20 shipping included. The cables and breakout boxes are hit and miss but there are a lot of them out there.

If it is a mistake, it is a cheap mistake.

Ian Worley wrote:
That card is for a Delta 44, it's pretty useless without the cable and breakout box. There are plenty of them out there, most will probably come with the card too. The cable is just a standard M-F 15 pin D-sub. I wouldn't pay too much, it's only 4in-4out interface. There is a Win 7 driver on the M-Audio website, it may or may not work on Win 10.

If you're in the market, I have a Delta 1010 I would sell real cheap. It's a great, fast interface if you have 'puter with a PCI slot, but it has the same driver caveat mentioned above (the Delta interfaces all use the same driver). It has a rack mount breakout box, 8in-8out plus midi and stereo spdif in-out on the card. The cable for it is a standard 25 pin D-sub parallel cable. They also had a simpler version, the Delta 1010LT, it had just a fantail cable and no box.