The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  SOLD! Guyatone D-8 with new case. $650 + shipping
Tim LaLonde

California, USA
Post  Posted 17 Nov 2019 5:36 pm    

From my online research this is a 40 to 50 year old double 8 string console (3 legs) steel guitar. Loosely patterned after Fender's famous 'Stringmaster', the Guyatone was the Japanase import homage.

The guitar is in pretty good shape considering its age. I've had to use contact cleaner twice in the past 3.5 years of ownership on the switches, rendering the output crackle free. Other than a few small hazing cracks on the top, the only other real condition item of note is a fine crack on the back of the guitar. The crack is 4 or 5 inches, and is either just to the finish, or if it is the wood, it is insignificant (see photo).

When I purchased this steel back in the summer of 2017, it was without the 3 legs or case. I don't recall who made the legs, but they are very sturdy and rust free.

The case was custom constructed by Kevin Hatton and according to his email, he used genuine Fender black Tolex covering and a wine plush velour interior. The case cost me $289 and is still in very good shape.

To give you an idea of what this instrument sounds like, here is a youtube link of my playing in ensemble format. Apologies to the many fine steel players on this website. In those hands, I'm sure it'd sell itself much better!

https://youtu.be/H2UkPES8akY

I like the axe, but I have a single neck 8 string lap that suits me better as I really don't gig on steel too much, and I wanna live a simpler life, without having to screw in any legs. Smile

Primary neck is the classic C6 tuning with the low A (ACEGACEG). The upper neck is McAuliffe E13 (EG#DF#G#BC#E).

Price is without shipping, and we'll have to work it out based on your location. Weight = 37 pounds. 15"x7"x35". I prefer FedEx or UPS over USPS and will use bubble wrap for inside of case.

Thank you for reading this listing and please reach out with any questions.

Last edited by Tim LaLonde on 24 Nov 2019 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tim LaLonde

California, USA
Post  Posted 17 Nov 2019 6:28 pm    

Forgot to add that this has a 22.5 inch scale, and the string spacing at the nut is 2 7/8 inches.

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2019 2:02 pm     Killer Deal!

That's one of the cleanest Guya Stringmaster clone I've ever seen--killer price!
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.

Tim LaLonde

California, USA
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2019 3:33 pm     Item sold. Please close.

Item sold. Please close.