The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Fawley Custom Five String Banjo
Kevin Mabus

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2019 4:30 am    

Wyatt Fawley is highly respected Pennsylvania banjo builder, repairman and inlay artist. His necks are seen on many pre war conversions both resonator back and open back. His inlay work is without equal. Wyatt gathered funds from 12 investors around 2008 to finance a dream project of his to have 12 tone rings custom forged to his specifications after years of analysis of the metallurgy of a number of pre war originals he had had in his possession. He wished to pair these rings with his own custom necks to offer the tone and playability of the best from the past. I am the original owner of this banjo which is one of those that resulted from his project. You will not find any production banjo in the price range that compares. I have a hardshell case suitable for shipping but will be happy to ship in a case of the buyers choice at buyers cost. I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina and anyone interested in coming to play it is welcome to arrange a visit. It needs no work and is in immediately playable condition. $3500 plus 150$ shipping. Three day approval with return insured shipping the responsibility of buyer. Full refund if returned in like condition.

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2019 11:30 am    

Is that a radiused fingerboard? I've heard of those banjos.

RC

Brian Saulsman

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2019 3:16 pm    

Rick
I have never seen the banjo for sale, but I do own a Fawley Retrotone which i really enjoy. It is a fun instrument to play, and it sounds sweet.

Wyatt definitely knows what he is doing, and I would expect that this is one really great banjo.

Good luck on the sale.

Brian Saulsman

Kevin Mabus

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2019 5:58 am     Fawley banjo

Rick,
The fingerboard is flat.
Kevin