The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  - Mix The Music -
Jim Fogle

North Carolina, Winston-Salem, USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2019 5:32 pm    

I saw this an figured some forum users maybe interested in isolated tracks as a practice tool.

What’s Mix The Music? https://welcome.mixthemusic.com/

Mix The Music is a new online store specializing in multitrack audio files that allows producers, mix engineers, musicians, and… well, anyone to legally download, listen to, and re-mix songs using the original multitracks as recorded by major artists and film/game composers.

How do I open up these multitracks and begin exploring?

Our files use the new .multitrack audio format developed by PreSonus Software Ltd., and as such are available to be opened and processed exclusively in PreSonus Studio One 4—Prime, Artist, and Professional editions. Mix The Music makes it easy and secure to access this never-before-available content—and now any Studio One user can listen to, explore, mix, and remix multitracks from major label artists!

What If I Do Not Own Studio One?

As Mix The Music supports the free version - Studio One Prime, just download and install Studio One Prime and away you go.

What labels/entities are participating in Mix The Music?

Major label tracks from Universal Music Group, Sony, Paramount, EA, and more are now available in a new .multitrack format containing the original stems. There are many more tracks on the way from dozens of labels and artists, the store is expected to grow rapidly.
Cakewalk by Bandlab Computer DAW
Zoom MRS-8 8 Track Hardware DAW

David Gertschen

Phoenix, Arizona
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2019 12:31 pm    

So the Presonus software is free, but you have to pay for the tracks. Looks to me like the major labels are desperately trying to think of new ways to generate revenue.

Still, it might be fun to play around with...