The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  WTSGA Meeting 9/22
Danny Letz

Old Glory,Texas, USA 79540
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2019 5:01 am    

We’ll have a get together of the West Texas Steel Guitar Assn 9/22 at 2:00 at the Lumberyard in Roscoe, Tx. Bring your steel rig & play. The Dusty Creek band will back you. The WTSGA is just the name we use, you don’t have to be a member or pay big dues. We do take up a little voluntary kitty to pay the band. The Lumberyard has good food & drinks and is much appreciated for providing the excellent venue. We’ll have a good time.

Randall Palmore

Albany,TX USA 76430
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2019 12:51 pm     Wtsga

Sorry that I will be missing this time. Hope to make the next one! It’s a fun venue...some awesome players and musicians are usually in attendance! Y’all have a big time! RP

Danny Letz

Post  Posted 17 Sep 2019 5:04 pm    

We’re gonna really miss Randall & Leon but we are hoping for some first timers to play. We strongly encourage steel pickers of any caliber. We all had to start somewhere and this is a great opportunity. It’s gonna be a fun time. Come on out and we strongly encourage spectators also. If you like pedal steel or just good old country music you will enjoy this. Admission is free and we’ll give you back all you paid to get in if you don’t enjoy it. Pedal steel, non pedal steel or dobro but no banjos.

Last edited by Danny Letz on 21 Sep 2019 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 20 Sep 2019 4:52 am    

I'm really looking forward to the jam. Come on out and join us. There will be lots of good country music and good steel guitar. I can vouch for good talent and a good backup band. Bring your steel and get in there and pick. See ya'll there.

Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 20 Sep 2019 8:31 am    

Pssst....don't tell Danny, but I'm gonna throw a banjo sound in there just for him. LOL!!!

Randall Palmore

Albany,TX USA 76430
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2019 10:02 am     Wtsga

Larry- As I am, Danny is a big fan of harmonica music! Y’all have fun! RP

Danny Letz

Post  Posted 21 Sep 2019 4:20 am    

We will make a special place for Larry & Randall in the third half of the show.

Danny Letz

Post  Posted 23 Sep 2019 10:08 am    

We had a heck of a good time. Many thanks go to the Lumberyard & the backup band. I didn’t have remove not one single banjo or harmonica player.

Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 23 Sep 2019 4:51 pm    

Well, I just didn't have the heart to play the banjo sound. We really did have a great time. Bubba Stephens was on fire on the lead guitar. We let everyone play, and kept their steel on the stage, then at the end....everyone played. We took turns on lead and fills. It was a great afternoon of steelin'. If you missed this one, as they say....YOU REALLY MISSED IT!

Danny Letz

Post  Posted 24 Sep 2019 4:47 am    

Larry I had a guy positioned outside to direct the mother ship to where Bubba was, but they sent a communication and said they were leaving him here for us to deal with. So maybe he’ll be back next time.

Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 24 Sep 2019 5:04 pm    

Some of Bubba's licks were crazy good. He's playing as well as I've ever heard him play.

Jeremy Moyers

Lubbock, TX
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2019 8:58 am    

I had a blast at the Jam Larry. Thanks again for letting me get up and pick! And Bubba, dang man, what a player! So much fun.. Can't wait for the next one!

Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 28 Sep 2019 9:04 pm    

Me too Jeremy, I had a blast as well. You did an outstanding job and sounded wonderful! I'm ready for the next one as well!