The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Melissa has turned "Jeffran College" into a "Fraud"
Gary Arnold

Panhandle of Florida, USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2019 8:52 pm    

I have had two claims with paypal and been turned down because Melissa says they have a tracking no that says it was delivered but I never got my picks or my money back then dummy me I made another order when she had 50% of the "Wood Shed" items. I ordered 3 of them and Jeff's 30 intro at the same time and only received Jeff's Intros book. I have the receipts but what good does that do ???????????? I have sent 12 emails and called the same amount of times. No calls returned and no replys by email, I have sent them my name, address, my cell # and my email address and what the problem is on there web page. I know I'm not the only forum member that has been ripped off. I know it's not a lot of money but it's the principle of the thing. What I want to know is why is she able to advertise on the forum and keep on ripping us off. I knew Jeff & Fran personally and there is no way they would have pulled this on the "PSG" family. We should all file a claim and all that money we have all lost should say something. This is stealing, when you sale something to a person, take there money and just forget about it is mail fraud and that is a federal charge if you advertise on the internet. Bob why is she steel able to post on this forum ????????????

autry andress

Plano, Tx.
Post  Posted 15 Sep 2019 4:04 am     Jeff fran college

Contact the us Postal service mail fraud division
1 877 876 2455 & get them Involved.

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 15 Sep 2019 8:24 am    

Gary Arnold wrote:
Bob why is she steel able to post on this forum ????????????

FYI, her membership has been deactivated. Her last login was 2 Feb 2018.

Also, Jeffran is no longer listed on my Steel Guitar Links page.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 15 Sep 2019 9:06 am    

Gary and anyone else taken advantage of by her,

Do not give up on your claim! You can appeal the decision from PAYPAL, most people have. Just try to speak to a live person about it at PAYPAL. I did, and it worked out for me, as well as a few others that kept pushing this issue.

Gary Arnold

Post  Posted 15 Sep 2019 10:00 am    

Thanks Gary,
I haven't give up yet. I just don't want other people to get treated as I have been treated.

Gary Arnold

Post  Posted 15 Sep 2019 10:01 am    

And FYI b0b thanks for letting me know.

Travis Wilson

Johnson City, TX
Post  Posted 15 Sep 2019 10:25 am    

Class Action Lawsuit?

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 15 Sep 2019 10:49 am    

Looks like the web page is shut down on her site.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 15 Sep 2019 11:36 am    

Gary Watkins wrote:
Looks like the web page is shut down on her site.

Just checked. www.jeffran.com is still functioning

jeffrancollege.com and jeffranmusic.com do not appear to be active.

Lynn Fargo

Fort Edward, NY
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2019 9:47 am    

Yes, Jim. And it looks like the only way to order is to call. I wonder if that's so you can't use PayPal and be covered by their protection?????

I just don't trust her anymore.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2019 10:51 am    

Lynn Fargo wrote:
Yes, Jim. And it looks like the only way to order is to call. I wonder if that's so you can't use PayPal and be covered by their protection?????

I just don't trust her anymore.

I think this is an old link when FRAN was running it. Besides, Melissa won't answer the phone if anyone was stupid enough, like me, to place an order with her.

Lynn Fargo

Fort Edward, NY
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2019 11:13 am    

Yep, I think you’re right, Gary. I thought about that after I posted it, that she has a habit of not answering the phone.
Hopefully she’s shutting down and transferring everything over to someone who can actually run the business. Ok, so I’m a bit of an optimist at times. Smile

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2019 11:15 am    

I daresay Jeff and Fran are rolling over in their graves...

Gary Spaeth

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2019 4:15 am    

you could order c.o.d. but knowing her, you might get a package filled with old newspapers.

Steven Cherson

Austin, TX.
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2019 5:53 pm    

It's unfortunate what Jeffran has turned into. I for one had the opportunity to spend six years, twice a year at Jeff's place in Watertown, and 10 years at Jeff's seminars at Scotty's.

When Mellisa took over the business, it was a sigh of relieve what Jeff and Fran started would continue, unfortunately that hasn't happened. I know a lot of people trusted in Jeffran and have been burned and are angry they lost money and will probably never see anything they ordered or ever get a refund.

It upsets me greatly, as I was fortunate to call Jeff and Fran my friends, as so many others were too.

For those that have order instructional courses that never received them or are missing pages I have most of everything in print and I will be happy to send you what you are missing.

Do why you want, but lets move on, and remember there are many of us that would love to see the Jeffran College material live on!

Steve

john buffington

Owasso OK - USA
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2019 10:35 am    

I am thankful the Lord allowed me to get a refund from Jeffran. I did use PayPal for my intended purchase, and of course no product! She sent me a tracking number BUT according to the USPS a label was generated . . . . but was never affixed to a package. PayPal gave her 10 days to respond to my complaint, they stated they're was never a response, what a surprise! I was notified my case was closed in my favor, so don't give up. I am sure PayPal has a high volume of such cases, so sad for the history and legacy of Jeff.

Last edited by john buffington on 9 Oct 2019 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Robert Herr

Willow Street,Pa
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2019 1:50 pm     Picks

I have waited 2 years for picks

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2019 6:05 pm    

The one real sad part is. Rick Kornacker is Jeff and Frans son-in-law, and could have done something with this.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Darrell Criswell

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2019 9:36 am    

Just curious, is there nobody on the forum that knows Melissa or other relatives and has tried to talk with them about this?

His material really needs to be turned over to someone to reproduce and merchandise.

Scott Denniston

Hahns Peak, Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2019 11:13 am    

Quote:
His material really needs to be turned over to someone to reproduce and merchandise.

Yes most definitely. Many of his video courses are really treasures that should not be lost in time and out of print. I think some of the best and most organized and effective teaching material ever done for pedal steel. And one never had to sell their house to afford them.

John Bumbarger

Houtzdale, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2019 3:38 pm    

Does anyone Melissa 's last name ? I'm filing a report to the attorney general's office in Tennessee

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2019 4:29 pm    

Melissa Greer

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2019 4:36 pm    

Sure sorry to see what appears to be rampant fraud for so many here.

I'm a very small dealer, just Right Hand Alpha for my students, and all my orders from Melissa have gone smoothly, she even donated about 12 copies of Jeff Newman's last CD to Steel Resolve to share with our students.

I thought for the longest time she was probably overwhelmed with the details of running a mail order business, just didn't really have the skillset to take this on.

I'm sure there's a backstory and explanation, love to hear what it could be.

Bewildering and sad.

John Bumbarger

Post  Posted 15 Nov 2019 6:22 pm    

Thanks. I let everyone know how it turns out. Already have complaint filed with PAYPAL

John Bumbarger

Post  Posted 23 Nov 2019 8:43 am    

I contacted Melissa by email and told her I was filing a complaint with the Tennessee Attorney General's office. I received a return email which was as I perceived nasty to me for even suggesting that I would contact the Attorney General. She has taken me for the picks, promised refund-none, course I ordered, received nothing and the from the posts on the forum a lot of other people did not receive their merchandise.About a year ago I was able to talk to her and I told her she needed to communicate with her customers if she was having problems. No response from her. The complaint went out Thursday 11-21-19. I'll see what happens. It's not the $69 but the lack of communication