The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dunolp DVP4 Volume Pedal
Bill Groner

QUAKERTOWN, PA
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2019 1:49 am    

I would like to know if anyone has owned or used one of these pedals and if so what are your thoughts on them? I am looking to buy my first pedal and don't want to make a rookie mistake and waste money on a sub standard one. Thanks in advance.

Joe Elk

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2019 4:14 am    

Bill On vacation Get a very lo profile petal. I would tty before You buy! I like my MSA Pedal. I also a couple higher profile petals which I find harder to use.
Joe Elk Central Ohio

Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2019 5:06 am    

My two-cents:

I recommend the classic Sho-Bud volume pedal. Easy to maintain, built like a Mack Bulldog, and they made gazillions of 'em, so they're readily available. If you decide it's not for you, you can always flip it and likely won't lose a nickel in the process.

Of course I may be just a tad biased, but I like 'em so much I have three of 'em.

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2019 7:30 am    

I'm quite sure the Dunlop pedal was made for underarm guitar players, not steel players. Confused
Erv

Bill Groner

QUAKERTOWN, PA
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2019 9:56 am    

Ok, I have also been looking at a MOYO. I talked with a guy at work, and he said that thing looks homemade. I am a machinist and I can see it's homemade, however I am more interested in how it sounds/works than how it looks. I watched the guy's video that made it and it sounded good to me. He is a pedal guy and I know a lot of you know him, I just can't think of his name right now????
Anyone have this pedal and do you like it? I don't want to put anyone on the spot, so if you have any negative comments, please PM me.

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2019 11:18 am    

Bill - Use the Search function, found near the top of the page. There have been several previous discussions about Moyo pedals.

Bill Groner

QUAKERTOWN, PA
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2019 11:54 am    

Thanks Lee and all you guys for your opinions. It looks like the MOYO is a nice pedal with great reviews.

G Strout

Carabelle, Florida
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2019 12:31 pm    

I Love my Moyo!!! Made by a guy in Colorado... excellent craftsmanship, and I love the fact that it is much smaller than the standard "Bigfoot" pedals. I use it with lap, console and pedal steels. I am going to purchase another one soon to use with my armpit guitar on solo jazz gigs.
Gary
Melbert 8, Remington S8, Silk 6 string, Rick B6, Tremblay 6 lap steel, Marlen S-10 4&4, Prestige Guild M75 and Artist Award, Benedetto Bravo, Epiphone Century Electar (the real one) and a bunch of old lap steels.... mostly Ricks and Magnatones'

Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2019 12:36 pm    

Forumite Glenn Taylor in the Denver area builds and sells the great little Moyo volume pedal.

Bill Groner

QUAKERTOWN, PA
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2019 1:24 pm    

I just ordered a MOYO!
Very Happy

Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2019 2:15 pm    

Bill Groner wrote:
I just ordered a MOYO!
Very Happy

Good for you, Bill!

It's always nice to have the option of purchasing a new American product that's built and marketed by real Americans.

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2019 5:49 am    

God bless America! Very Happy
Erv