The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nashville Tuning Demo
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2019 6:49 am    

I recently acquired a guitar with the Nashville tuning. It's quite versatile! Here's a link to my mini review of the guitar and tuning with lot's of sound samples, specs, photos and a short song:

Nashville tuning demo

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Ron Pruter

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2019 6:47 pm    

If anyone wants to give this a try without diving in with both feet, try changing just the G string to a .008 and tune it up one octave. I was told to do this for a session in Nashville and was sold on the way the guitar sounded in the mix. RP

Mark Eaton

Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2019 6:56 pm    

The “diving in with both feet” is what makes the all the difference. I have a Seagull dread strung with the Nashville tuning set from D’Addario.

Greg, nice score on the no longer in business Wechter Nashville tuning guitar. It’s possible that was the only acoustic ever made designed specifically for this application, but don’t hold me to that.

Richard Teston

South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 24 Aug 2019 9:18 am     shortest steel guitar song

Hi Greg

I loved that song great job, do nyou and will you send me a copy of the tab I would really love to play this

Best Regards Richard

pedalsteelman123@gmail.com

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 24 Aug 2019 9:38 am    

Richard, I don't have any tab for this song and I'm only about 100 tabs behind and have totally given up on the effort!

Mark, the Wechter is amazing and I lucked out and got one with a perfect neck. Never heard of the brand before but I just typed Nashville tuning into Reverb and the guitar popped up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Richard Teston

South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2019 5:37 pm     shortest steel guitar song

hi Greg

Thank you so much for your reply I wonder if some of the pro's on the forum would be willing to tab this out for a fairly newbe it would sure be appreciated if someone would help

best regards Richard