The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Eventide H9 Multi-Effects
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2019 4:24 am    

Not cheap but it does include a rotary sim:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/H9MAX--eventide-h9-max-multi-effects-pedal

H9 vs Neo Ventilator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8eOFRu2oBY
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Bob Hoffnar

Austin, Tx
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2019 5:36 am    

The H 9 is a fantastic little box. It is basically an engine you can power any digital effect with. I suggest buying the full version that gives permanent access to all downloads. You end up with every effect eventide has ever and will ever make. If you use the Bluetooth interface the options are astonishing. Plus the algorithms are some of the best. It sounds very good.

Asa Brosius

Post  Posted 23 Aug 2019 5:54 am    

Hey Bob- did some reading but couldn't find the answer- can you order multiple effects in a chain, i.e., is this an entire pedal board killer? Or is it a single sound at a time all-in-one?

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2019 6:15 am    

Each effect is a model of an Eventide pedal. You cannot string multiple pedals or effects together. Some Effects have multiple effects built in however. Like the reverb has an echo setting. The Harmonizer has a reverb setting etc.

If you buy the Max and a Core for example, you can run multiple discrete effects in series.

From the Sweetwater comments:

"you can play only one algorithm at a time, but I also knew there were some algos that mixed multiple effects (modechoverb, for example). So I bought the H9 Max and loved the sounds, but found out that I could so much more if I bought the Core as well. Note: if you own a max, you don't need two max's because you can share the algos with a Core (much less expensive). This way I can use one for time based effects or straight reverb and another for modulation or a looper, etc. Either way, one Max is great, but adding the Core makes this setup extremely versatile."

On the downside, this box does not a have very robust rotary speaker algorithm and does not do distortion very well.

Here's a guy that has 4 !!!! H9's on one pedal board:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/post-your-axe-fx-iii-rigs-here.136754/post-1823716
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger