The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  GA Steel Guitar Association Show #36 9/8/2019 Conyers, GA
Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2019 2:35 pm    

"Howdy fellow steelers and steel guitar fans,

We are fast approaching our 36th GA Steel Guitar Association show, which is scheduled for September 8, 2019, at the Conyers, GA VFW. Info on flyer.

Not only do we have a GREAT show lined up for you, we have a very special event taking place before and during our show.

One of our members has hand made a Steel Guitar Player Quilt. This quilt will be auctioned to the highest bidder. Donna Dodd, whom most of you know from steel guitar shows, Steel Guitar Forum and our shows, is in the process of making a Bidding Sheet where you will be able to bid on the quilt before the show (for those that cannot attend). That Bidding Sheet will be in your email box in the next few days, plus you can get a copy on our website, https://www.georgiasteelguitar.com/, Georgia Steel Guitar Association Facebook page and the Steel Guitar Forum.

Don’t miss your chance to get this very special “one of a kind” quilt to show your love for the steel guitar players and to support the Georgia Steel Guitar Association. Proceeds will be used to enhance upcoming GaSGA shows.

We look forward to seeing many of you at our show on September 8, 2019.

Regards,
Bill Ferguson
Sect/Trea 2000 till present"

AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Last edited by Bill Ferguson on 23 Jul 2019 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bill Cunningham

Atlanta, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2019 5:00 pm    

TTT

Frank Speights

Jackson, Ga USA
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2019 2:34 pm    

Sandy and I have the calendar marked for this great show. I am looking forward to seeing and hearing my friend, Doug McGuire play.

Bill Nicholson

South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2019 7:10 pm    

Looking forward to this September GaSGA show. Was not able to play this time but I plan to attend as soon as we can get there from our new residence in South Carolina.
For those of you in parts of upstate South Carolina or most parts of North Carolina, this show in Conyers Ga is actually closer than the SC show (Columbia) or any of the North Carolina shows that I know about.
Come out and give it a listen with the Ga gang. They always have a great staff band.

Tommy Dodd

Acworth, Ga., USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2019 2:39 pm     GaSGA

It looks like the show this September is going to be a great one. The lineup is exceptionally strong. And some other exciting things are going to be happening as well. Come join in the fun and enjoy some great steel guitar music on a Sunday afternoon

Bill Cunningham

Atlanta, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2019 4:35 pm    

A bump for our upcoming show and don’t forget about the steel guitar quilt auction!

Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2019 3:22 pm    

A great friend and great singer, Curtis Scott, will be joining me for this show. I have done a lot of Classic Country and Gospel music with Curtis, and I know you’ll enjoy his singing. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Donna Dodd

Acworth, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2019 9:40 am    

Great, Roger!!! That will be a real treat! We look forward to it!
- from movie Six Degrees of Separation

Come visit my steel guitar store on CafePress! http://www.cafepress.com/zoomwithaview
Webmaster, http://www.georgiasteelguitar.com

Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2019 7:26 am    

It’s coming this Sunday! We’ll be having a great time and hope you’ll be there to join us. And, don’t forget about the Steel Guitarist quilt that will be auctioned off. It’s a beautiful quilt with a lot of your favorite steelers on it.

Frank Speights

Jackson, Ga USA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2019 5:07 pm     Ga Peach Jam

To the top for this great show. I talked to Doug McGuire the other day and he is ready for the show. Sandy and I will be there as well

Bill Cunningham

Atlanta, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2019 5:58 pm    

Looking forward to seeing everyone. My Facebook friend from Ohio, guitar player extraordinary Jeff Shaner is even making the trip all the way to Conyers!

Shorty Smith

Columbus, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2019 6:49 pm    

Looks like a great show Sunday, wish I could be there but had an operation and wont be able to make it. Wishing everyone a wonderful Musical Sunday. Shorty

Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2019 2:03 pm    

It’s time! Come on out.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2019 3:53 pm    

I just got to Conyers Georgia from Molino Florida and ready for tomorrow. Come on down!
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Steve Alonzo Walker

Spartanburg,S.C. USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2019 1:54 pm     It was one of the best!

The Conyers Show yesterday was one of the best of many! The crowd was all into the pickers and singers and the fellowship. Several came from a long distant to see how great the show was. I'm looking forward to the February show...hope to see you there!!!!!

Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2019 3:50 pm    

Steve, as always, the band was into the players and singers too! You guys are such a pleasure to be on stage with.