The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  NTSGA Super Jam Flea Market idea?
George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2019 4:33 am    

Has a Steel Guitar flea market ever been considered? It would be a real service for people wanting to sell stuff and people looking for stuff. It could be a real draw, I think. It would be limited to steel guitar related items. No vitamin pills, jewelry, or banjo's. The outdoor pavilion would be a perfect place for it.

Last edited by George Kimery on 15 Aug 2019 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Dale McPherson

Morristown, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2019 6:13 am    

That sounds like a good idea. But please no banjos. LOL

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2019 8:54 am     NTSGA Super Jam Flea Market idea?

We tried this at another convention, not music related. Even had an auction. At first, the vendors complained, but the way it worked out, there were almost no items that went head to head with the vendors and with the freshly acquired cash burning their pocket, the sellers had "found" money that they spent with the vendors, so they were happy. You can ask, on the honor system, that a 10% donation be made, with a $100.00 cap, for all sales. Make a few bucks for the cause. I think it's an idea for all steel jams to kick around, weighing the pro's and cons. Sellers would be required to register for the show.

Joe Krumel

Hermitage, Tn.
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2019 4:15 am     no banjos

I wonder if anyone has tried to play a banjo like a dobro? Ha.....Like Jeff Newman once said, "this is what the end of the world will sound like!!"

Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2019 6:51 am    

When I lived in Anchorage there was a musicians swap meet a few times too k place at a club,The club owner set up a bunch of tables plus he sold food and drinks people had all sorts of guitars amps strings fiddles,Speakers cable,it seemed to work well.
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

Tony Dingus

Kingsport, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2019 12:51 pm     Re: no banjos

Joe Krumel wrote:
I wonder if anyone has tried to play a banjo like a dobro? Ha.....Like Jeff Newman once said, "this is what the end of the world will sound like!!"

I bought a cheap banjo to try that. I only raised the first 4 strings. It worked ok for open G licks. I no longer have it.

Tony