The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Anyone own a Squire Tele Classic Vibe 50s ?
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2019 6:41 pm    

These guitars sure get rave reviews from Tele owners...I have a Squire Tele that I bought about 5 years ago and paid $175 bucks for it new...I really am surprised its as good as it is for that money...I typically only play archtop guitars, but I do like the sound of the Tele in the right hands,,,such as Don Rich..haha.
Anyway I wondered if any of you guys own one this particular model and what you thought of it...I figured for $399 new I should just pull the trigger and get one. I try not to be a head stock snob...I own a Washburn JS Wes Montgomery clone and love it, and it was like $400 !
Thanks in advance for any opinions.
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2019 7:19 am    

Two of the finest guitars I've ever bought are the Squire Tele Classic Vibe 50s ($359 at the time) and the "Fender Modern Player Tele Plus Electric Guitar, Honey Burst, Maple Fretboard" ($500):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005N2ANOS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For only $100 more than the Squire you get the Fender name on the headstock, 3 really good pickups and coil splitting.

On both guitars I did have to lower the strings, adjust the truss rod and rework the nut to get the strings down to .012-.018 at the first fret. Both these guitars are as good as any of the Fender teles I have ever played at any price point.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

ajm

Los Angeles
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2019 8:22 am    

FWIW, I believe that Fender/Squier have discontinued some models in the CV series, and replaced them with different models for 2019.

Do your research, and if the model you want is affected you may want to snap one up now.
Of course, you can always wait for one to appear on the used market.

Doug Taylor

Shelbyville, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2019 10:37 am    

I have owned the 60s version of the Classic Vibe for a couple of years. That guitar is an unbelievable value. I still can’t believe how good it is

Brett Lanier

Madison, TN
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2019 8:17 am    

I bought one a while ago. It's since been disassembled and turned into a partscaster but I'm a big fan of that pine body. With all the swapping around I've done it's been the best sounding tele body I have.

Andy Volk

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2019 5:14 am    

I have A Fender Squire Tele thin line . I've never felt the need to upgrade it. I like it more than the Fender 62 reissue bound sunburst "official" Tele I formally owned.

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2019 5:30 am    

I have the Squire thin line Tele and it's been a decent guitar. A few weeks ago I replaced the stock bridge with a $17.00 one from ebay entitled "Fender Squier 6 Saddle Vintage Modified Thinline Telecaster Bridge 007-3889-000". The sustain took off like a rocket with this bridge and the guitar now sings like a bird outperforming most of my other Fender Teles. They are sold out now but I suspect any decent bridge would greatly improve this guitar since the one that comes on it is a super sound deadener. The new bridge mounts with no guitar modifications and only takes a few minutes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger