The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Cocaine and Rhinestones podcast
Dean Smith

DFW, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2019 6:57 am    

I just wanted to pass along a podcast website that has been mentioned on here before with respect to Ralph Mooney.

I listened to the Ralph Mooney podcast and have been listening to all the others since then. They are easy to listen to on my phone or laptop while I am working or doing chores around the house.

Tyler Mahan Coe is David Allen Coe's son and many may know that. He does a really great job (in my opinion) of telling the stories of some of the legends of country music from back in the day. They seem well researched and I find them entertaining.

Thought I would pass along this for those looking for a little diversion from the usual.

www.cocaineandrhinestones.com

Bob Guichard

Central Texas, USA
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2019 7:50 am     Rhinestones and Cocain blog

The bios put out by R&C are very informative. They offer a perspective we cannot find elsewhere. Most of us who found these two years ago are curious about when season 2 stories will be available. Having followed and supported the site for some time it appears this isn't a high priority. Anyone have any insight where this is going?

K Maul

Hadley, NY/Hobe Sound, FL
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2019 10:02 am    

He has said that he’s taken a long time to research these things so his preparation is very very painstaking. I think he took a couple years working on the first season and we’re going to have to wait a bit longer for the great detail he goes into for an equally good second season.
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Williams, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.

Bob Guichard

Central Texas, USA
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2020 9:06 pm     cocaine and rhinestones

Has season two been released?

Dean Smith

DFW, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2020 5:41 am    

I keep checking back at the website from time to time and there have been no additions...

I sure wish he would put a few more episodes out. Makes for a great diversion...

Dean Smith

DFW, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2021 8:28 am     Season 2

I found a couple sources online that report Season 2 of Cocaine and Rhinestones will soon be available from Tyler Mahan Coe. From what I read, the entire Season 2 will reflect on George Jones.

His website doesn't reflect it yet, but hopefully it will show up in the next few days. Just passing this along to others who might be interested.