The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sound clip
Willie Crisel

Charlotte, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2006 8:07 pm    

ok been playing for 3 years and 2 months,just started with this band all country ,lots of fast stuff some newer and some older stuff too ,good ole laid back country boys, this is live, one take,i'm singing high background vocals as well as lead on 10 songs,guitar player is singing this one,4 peice playing alot of rythem steel. tell me what you think, i'm playing a carter sd10 with a 10-1 pickup, through a nashville 112 head that i made and a 15inch BW 1502, thanks willie crisel http://www.northfortyband.net/music/N40-NoReasonForGoingHome96k.mp3

------------------
MId seventies Push Pull D10 8 and 4, Peavey LTD Peavey Session 400 Ibanez analog delay

Micky Byrne

United Kingdom (deceased)
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2006 6:04 am    

Hi Willie, congrats on your playing considering you have only been playing a short time, and to take a high harmony too is a bonus in your favour.To play in a band is 100 times better than to just play at home, in my honest opinion... you actually "learn" on the band stand You live in the right area for steel, you can only get better and better

Micky Byrne, Carter Universal and soon to be ressurected Sho-Bud Universal. http://mickybyrne.50webs.com/index.html

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2006 7:07 am    

Willie, nice job, you have a real nice touch...

The band sounds pretty good..
thanks for posting it

t

Willie Crisel

Charlotte, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2006 7:19 am    

Thanks guys, yea there's steel players everywhere here, going to a friend's house today,Danny Mohamad,great player,he's a friend of Dave Robbins,i'm looking foward to metting Dave someday,i've heard nothing but great things about him, our soundman is a computer tech, he's into the web site and all,the clips sounded a little funny to me, also he's working on putting our pics on the site, thanks for listing, i know mr. Bob is busy, but a place for links to our mp3s would be cool.

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2006 7:54 am    

Nice job Willie . G.P.

Bill Ford

Graniteville SC Aiken
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2006 3:33 pm    

Willie,
Micky is right on. Playing with a band beats playing with tracks at home. In a band, you have to keep on keepin on, if you goof/stumble, you don't have time to do anything but do it. BTW, you sound pretty good to me.Peavey, & Carter..a good combo.

Bill