The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sarno V8 connected to two Nashville 112
David Haugereid

Norway
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2019 5:31 am    

Hi. Im David from Norway.

I have two NV 112 where I play my Mullen G2 thru. I'm thinking now to by Sarno V8. I do also have a wet stereo reverb.
How will you connect this togheter.
I also have a flashback delay
Looking forward to hear from you.

Lyle Dent

Little Rock ,Arkansas
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2019 3:44 am     Nv-112

David, here's my signal chain . FP-100 - Reverb - Delay- V8 - XLR out- post EQ return on the NV 112. I'd run the other NV 112 dry for a good stereo effect.

David Haugereid

Norway
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2019 12:18 am    

Hi Lyle
Nice to hear from you. Okey. That was a good tip. I will try that. But, then the dry nv 112 doesn't have no signal from the V8 ? Are you satisfied with your V8 ? Do you use it a lot ?
Thanks again for your advice. David Smile

Lyle Dent

Little Rock ,Arkansas
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2019 3:16 am     V8

David, I use my V8 almost every day. My V8 has both the 1/4 jack and XLR out but you will have to ask Brad if each signal could be sent to a separate amp. I suppose you could use a splitter after the V8 . I think you my just have to try different combinations. I also use a Strymon El Capistan and Sparkle Drive in front of the V8 the Mike the 112 to the board.

David Nugent

Gum Spring, Va.
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2019 3:53 am    

You might try running the V8 into the "Power Amp In' jack on the rear panel of the 112, this I believe bypasses the pre-amp section on the amp. If you want the signal from the V8 to affect both amps; run a cord from the XLR out on amp#1 (will require an XLR to 1/4" cable or XLR adapter)to the 'Power Amp In' on amp#2. The pedals can then be run through the 'Post Gain' effects loop on #1.

Brett Lanier

Madison, TN
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2019 12:36 pm    

I'd use a stereo reverb to split the signal.

So after the V8, and L/R out of the reverb into the amps. The wet reverb is designed for instrument level, so you want to go out the unbalanced 1/4" out of the V8.

You don't want to send the 1/4" out to one amp and the xlr to the other. They are different.
Dave's suggestion should work too, but you may get some phasing weirdness.

Try both the power amp in and the front end of the amps. No problem doing something the "wrong way" if it sounds right to you.

David Haugereid

Norway
Post  Posted 30 Jul 2019 12:11 am    

Thank you both for your quick response. I will send a email to Brad soon. I know he`s busy, and look forward to get one V8.

I would like to hear more from you who use V8, and how satisfide you are with the V8.
Thanks again.

Roger Dillingham

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2019 4:56 pm     Sarno Octal V8 Preamp

Hey David, I just received a V8 Brad built for me and I am super impressed! I am putting in into a smaller rack that will be a little more portable than the others I have currently. This preamp has all the highs and clarity you could ever want, but also the bottom end smoothness when you crank the bass a bit. I think my best description of it overall would be: it has silkiness and creamy/smoothness you want to hear while at the same time all the definition and detail/presence you may desire. It has almost zero distortion, extremely clean, but notes that come out of it literally "sing". Chimes and harmonics are close to effortless. I don't think you will be able to get a poor sound out of this guy. I have a Revelation pre in a different rack, but I believe this is the one I will use most of the time. I may contemplate getting rid of the "Rev" later on. If you decide to go with the V8, I can almost guarantee you won't be sorry! Good luck! Roger Smile

Brad Sarno

St. Louis, MO USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2019 7:00 am    

I like where Brett is leaning on this. I would use the V8's rear 1/4" output jack and go from there INTO the WET Reverb Pedal. But keep the rear knob on the V8 set so you don't hit that WET too hard. Then take the stereo output from the WET and send Left to one NV112 and Right to the other NV112. Go INTO the far right jack on the NV112 front panel (Post EQ Patch Return). Then turn up the NV112 master volume gain knobs to get the level up where you need it.

This should work, and you'll get the true, full stereo reverb effect.

Let us know how this approach goes for you. The only concern here is that you don't want to overdrive the input to the WET Reverb pedal with too much V8 output signal. So listen for that.

Brad