The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nashville 112
John Boyte

Lake Providence, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2019 1:19 pm    

Ok, my new Zum Encore is here! I need to know about the Nashville 112. I have heard about the new ones. some say they are not as good as the older ones. Some reviews are good, some are not. I have to get an amp! Do I spend it on a Nashville 112 or do I need to go with maybe a Session 115? I want to spend my money wisely. Thanks in advance for your advice!

Karen Sarkisian

Boston, MA, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2019 3:51 am    

I think the nv112 is a great start and will pair nicely with your encore. Plenty of folks gigging with the nv112 getting incredible tone, plus it’s lighter than a session. It will give you an idea of whether or not you like the peavey sound. You can always move up to a session in the future and keep the nv112 as a smaller more portable amp, or sell it here on the forum. Down the road You may decide you want something more fender like tone wise (fender, quilter) and the nv112 will be easier to sell (and ship) than a session. So my vote would be nv112 ! I’d recommend picking up a sarno black box to go with it. Hope this helps Smile

Al Evans

Austin, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2019 5:08 am     Re: Nashville 112

John Boyte wrote:
I have to get an amp! Do I spend it on a Nashville 112 or do I need to go with maybe a Session 115?

My Encore is running through a Peavey N112, and it sounds beautiful. I did stick a Digitech Polara reverb into the post-effects loop, which is wonderful, but the internal spring reverb isn't half bad.

--Al Evans

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2019 6:44 am    

John, forget the rumors that the new NV112's are not as good as the old ones.

the only difference is where they are assembled. Originally, in Meridian, MS, now in China.
But the parts have always been from China, except the speaker, which is still made in the USA and shipped to China for installation.

I have both and would not be able to tell you which one I was playing through if blind folded.

Now the Session 115, is a different animal. Much more power and a 15" Neo Black Widow. It is assembled in Meridian, but as always, electronic parts are made in China.
Speaker is made at Peavey Plant in Meridian.

About the weight. There is only 1# difference in weight between the Nashville 112 and the Session 115.

The Session 115 has some onboard effects that the 112 does not.

The 115 has a digital power amp (less weight) and the 112 has an analog power amp with transformer (more weight).

I think between the two, you just need to decide if you want the sound of a 12" speaker or a 15" speaker.

Once again, I have both of these and swap back and forth and love them both.

If I can be of service acquiring you a new amp, just drop me an email.

Bill
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Nicholas Scott

Norfolk, VA USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2019 7:20 am    

I've been using an older Nashville 112 as my main gigging amp for 10 years. I love it. I have a Katana 100 as my backup but I prefer the Nashville 112. I definitely would recommend buying a knob protector for it. I use a Nux Atlantic Reverb/Delay pedal and a Sarno Black Box but those are just recent additions. I was pleased with the amp's tone before adding them. The Nashville 112 on board reverb was fine(my acoustic guitar player jumps around like a doofus and would shake my amp, so I bought a reverb pedal).

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2019 9:04 am     Nashville 112

I have had two 112's. I put the Eminence speaker in one and did the Fox mod to the other one. They still sounded like Peaveys, which is not a bad thing, just not for me.
Personally, if I were in your position, I would get a Boss Katana. $325.00, new, including shipping. $200.00 used. You can always get a 112 later.

Karen Sarkisian

Boston, MA, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2019 3:12 pm    

Bill Ferguson wrote:

About the weight. There is only 1# difference in weight between the Nashville 112 and the Session 115.

The Session 115 has some onboard effects that the 112 does not.

The 115 has a digital power amp (less weight) and the 112 has an analog power amp with transformer (more weight).

Bill

I didn’t realize that the session was so light ! I’d still go for the nv112 tho Winking

John Boyte

Lake Providence, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2019 4:23 pm    

Thanks for all the advice! I am chomping at the bits to get into my new guitar...just hope I can learn! I hope y'all don't get tired of my questions!

Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2019 10:12 pm    

John,
The 112 will do you good for a long time to come. Here's a sample of mine on a gig. Bang for the buck.

TAP HERE

Ron

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2019 5:25 am     Nashville vs. Session weight

Nashville 112-41 lbs.
Session 115-43.4 lbs.

Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2019 5:09 am    

John,Not sure what you have heard about the new 112,It is the Beez Knees!
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2019 9:20 am     Peavey

Thanks for the support guys and gals! We're here for you!

Daniel Haymore

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2019 10:39 am    

New Nashville 112's sound great. I played one and was super impressed. I have an older 'round knob' version and if anything they sound the same. I prefer the chicken head knobs too, so that's a bonus if you get a new one.