The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  The Real #3 Sho-Bud
Tele

Andy W. - Wolfenbuettel, Germany
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2006 1:44 pm    

right !
Somewhere I must have some Polaroids of the undercarriage. I remember it was signed by Ben Keith

John Bechtel

Nashville, Tennessee, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2006 4:14 pm    

Gary;
There was a right/angle Aluminum bar at both ends of the body, approx 1/4” thick and with a solid block at the front`end and back`end which was drilled out and tapped with the proper thread for the legs. It looked basically the same as todays modern style end~plates except for the fact that they were mounted on the inside of the body rather than the outside. Today, being on the outside, the end wood is eliminated. The bolt that held the bridge (fingers) in place also went down and through the right angle, holding it in place along with additional securing screws. The same proceedure took place with te Keyheads. The one end also had holes for mounting the output-jack and also long shafted Volume & Tone pots. (500K A-B Audio~Pots and .05uF cap.) _ _ _ _ If I recall correctly, on the T–8 Sho-Buds, the (2) right~angle pieces might have been cut in half and placed in the corners! But, I'm not sure about that, because that could have caused problems with mounting the hardware on the middle~neck! So, I'd better recant that last thought! I do remember that Shot did cut the right~angles for each corner when he built my 4-neck 10-str., but; it was not a PSG!

------------------
“Big John”
a.k.a. {Keoni Nui}
’05 D–10 Derby
’65 Re-Issue Fender Twin–Reverb Custom™ 15”
Current Equipment

Gary Spaeth

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2006 8:02 pm    

thanks john. great description. you missed your calling as a technical writer.thanks jussi and tele too.

[This message was edited by Gary Spaeth on 01 February 2006 at 06:52 AM.]